Herbalife

Options
i was wondering if anyone has had success with these products??

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've seen lots of folks who have.
    Granted, they also ate at a deficit.

So basically, they would have lost anyway.

My opinion? Save your money.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend eating at a deficit and saving your money.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    use the search function - you will see plenty of people have asked the same question and gotten the same answer which is NO.. save your money, eat at a deficit and exercise.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    OP: You do not need shakes or pills or patches to lose weight. If you would like a meal replacement shake look into less expensive protein powders, they will save you money and do the same thing.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Buy a digital food scale with your money. Weigh all of your solid foods, measure your liquids, and stick to a calorie deficit. That's where you will find success.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

The only shortcuts that work are lipo, surgery, or a trip to Auschwitz [uh, and some restricted pharmaceuticals but let's not go there].

Otherwise get ready for the long haul.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm never seen a MLM product, diet or otherwise, that was worthwhile. They are always overpriced products. There are so many hands in the pie and so many people that get a cut it's almost impossible for an MLM product to be a "good deal".

Add in that as a product Herbalife can't really do anything for you that you can't do for yourself. Use that money to buy nutritious foods for yourself (and family if applicable).

Log your calories, eat less than you need, get some exercise and talk to your doctor if you have any concerns. That is all you need.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

The only shortcuts that work are lipo, surgery, or a trip to Auschwitz [uh, and some restricted pharmaceuticals but let's not go there].

Otherwise get ready for the long haul.

Damn, dude, you went right past Hitler and straight to the gas chambers? That's like Godwin ++. I declare this thread OVER.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    4ciCI.gif

This thread has been cleaned up - could we please keep it to one MLM at a time?

Also, please review the criteria for flags: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points

Edit: Gif didn't work
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    It depends if you don't have a lot of time to cook or make food or simply don't want to it's an easy option.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Studies indicate that Herbalife has been correlated to Liver damage in some individuals:

"Acute liver injury induced by weight-loss herbal supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3004035/

"Severe hepatotoxicity following ingestion of Herbalife nutritional supplements contaminated with Bacillus subtilis"
    http://www.ifik.unibe.ch/unibe/medizin/ifik/content/e7961/e8166/e8582/e8618/bacillus_subt_herbalife_ger.pdf

"Prolonged intrahepatic cholestasis and renal failure secondary to anabolic androgenic steroid-enriched dietary supplements"
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19238093

"Association between consumption of Herbalife nutritional supplements and acute hepatotoxicity"
    http://wws.weizmann.ac.il/immunology/elinav/sites/immunology.elinav/files/2007_elinav_j_hep.pdf

See also, http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html

Recommend eating real food and watching your calories using the MFP website

This alone should be enough to put you off buying into Herbalife, OP.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    No.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It depends if you don't have a lot of time to cook or make food or simply don't want to it's an easy option.

The problem with EASY options is they teach you nothing. Losing weight is just half the battle. Maintaining the weight you lost is the other half. If you learn nothing about why you are overweight......going back to "regular" habits will result in re-gaining the weight you lost.

Herbalife doesn't care if you re-gain....if fact they prefer it. They can sell the same product again and again.

OP - if you choose this method for weight loss....make sure you have a game plan for maintenance. You here stories time and time again about people who have re-gained the weight they lost (and then some).
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That stuff sent my best friend to the ER!! She stopped taking that stuff immediately, after years of no success anyways. :confused:
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    This thread got bad quick. I mean really bad. Remember this movie from the 70's. Food of the Gods. Waiting for someone to start marketing this. lol
    ay4gf2b644ze.jpg
    p5ezl4un309a.jpg
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do it the natural way. Eat healthy & exercise. Don't need any pills or any of that!
  • jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    OP: You do not need shakes or pills or patches to lose weight. If you would like a meal replacement shake look into less expensive protein powders, they will save you money and do the same thing.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
    I'm genuinely curious... For my own knowledge bank... What's a reasonable price for protein powders? I have a brand I love. I'm just wondering as I'm new to this lol
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I like this one, it's tasty and I think under the average price: http://43fitness.com/protein-powder-review-trader-joes-whey-protein-powder/
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jensquish1 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »

[Edited by MFP Mods]
    I'm genuinely curious... For my own knowledge bank... What's a reasonable price for protein powders? I have a brand I love. I'm just wondering as I'm new to this lol

Protein powders can range from "cheap" in the $20 range for about 60 servings up to probably triple that or more depending on the brand. Many of the MLM scam type powders are $100-150 for a similar amount (from what I've seen people talk about, I've never bought any).

I went with a more expensive one because I drink it with water only, and I like the flavor and how it mixes without needing milk or something else. I use Trutein, which is ~$50 for 4lbs (around 50 servings).