Soda pop!

Options

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I like the skinnygirl sparklers or sparkling ice. they are carbonated flavored waters and pretty good flavored too. or you can take plain seltzer water and add some fruit,fruit juice or water enhancers. I mixed some iced tea with the seltzer yesterday and it was pretty yummy.
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    If you want to switch to diet, but don't like the taste, try flavored diet sodas over plain cola. Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, Diet Dr Pepper, Diet Mt Dew, etc. That made switching easier for me.
  • HollyKennedy1
    HollyKennedy1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Crush taste the same as their regular counter parts so I have changed to them. I live for pop and this makes it a little easier.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Jecca910 wrote: »
    hellloooo everyone. I am on my weight loss journey. I've only been doing this for 9 days but it's getting easier every day to stay aware to what I'm putting in my body and my triggers. The only problem I'm having is with soda. I cannot stop craving it. I can't stand the after taste of artificial sweeteners and i feel like it's just the bubbles that I'm craving. I want to stop drinking it all together but I've really seen I'm addicted to it lol does anyone use a soda stream or have any suggestions? I feel like Pop is the only thing that's standing in my way of reaching my goals.

I had the pop problem also. I started mixing diet pop with regular pop. Half and half at first. When I was use to that I switched went to full on diet pop. I now prefer Coke Zero. Worked for me. Good luck on your journey.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    It takes some time to adjust, but you can adjust to diet cola. And once you do, there's no turning back. After a few weeks, the regular stuff tastes like syrup.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    If it's the bubbles you want, how about sparkling water?

I still drink coke, but I just have a bit of some with dinner usually. Some days I have more, if I want it, but I find myself satisfied with water 90% of the time.

I've lost 85 pounds that way, by the way.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I love infused iced tea. I don't add sugar, but a few slices of blood orange and fresh sage leaves while the tea is cooling down . . . so good.
    Or club soda with a tablespoon of pomegranate juice or citrus slices. Or Sprite Zero.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i used to drink 3-6 dr peppers a day.

now i drink all water, and allow myself one DIET soda (coke or sprite) a day. ive had EXACTLY ONE dr pepper since january. (and loved every sip LOLOLOL). i dont like diet dr pepper at ALL, so that wasnt/isnt an option.

when you want something bad enough, you make changes.
  • isma123x
    isma123x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to be obsesssed with soda but nowi only drink water which i never imagined i would do. Honestly it really does make a diffrence :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Here was my path of main daily drinks (combos aren't mixed or anything, these were just my main drinks):
    Mt. Dew -> Diet Sprite & Coke 0 -> Coke 0 & Iced tea & water flavored with Mio -> Iced tea & water flavored with Mio -> Hot tea & water flavored with Mio -> Hot tea & water
  • jessisgonnagetfit
    jessisgonnagetfit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to drink around 6 cans of diet dr pepper a day. I used green tea to get me off of it. The first month or so was hard but now I have no cravings for soda and drink mainly water I have a bottle of green tea maybe twice a week
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Try sparkling water or seltzer. Both have the bubbly fizz you enjoy.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Not all artificial sweeteners have a bad aftertaste. I can't stand Sweet 'n Low, but Equal doesn't bother me. There's also Splenda, which is pretty good. I know they make Diet Coke with Splenda now, but since I don't drink Coke, can't tell you if it's any good. Hate Stevia, though, it's got a worse aftertaste to me than Sweet 'n Low!

What I had to end up doing was swap out soda for unsweet tea with Equal pretty much everywhere I could. I still drink soda, but it's mostly on game nights or special occasions.
  • naomidonaldson81
    naomidonaldson81 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

G
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Jecca910 wrote: »
    hellloooo everyone. I am on my weight loss journey. I've only been doing this for 9 days but it's getting easier every day to stay aware to what I'm putting in my body and my triggers. The only problem I'm having is with soda. I cannot stop craving it. I can't stand the after taste of artificial sweeteners and i feel like it's just the bubbles that I'm craving. I want to stop drinking it all together but I've really seen I'm addicted to it lol does anyone use a soda stream or have any suggestions? I feel like Pop is the only thing that's standing in my way of reaching my goals.

I love my soda stream just for this reason! I was never a big soda drinker unless I go out to eat. I have completely eliminated soda by drinking sparkling water. I got the soda stream because in the long run its a lot cheaper than buying cans of LaCroix...that stuff is redonk expensive!!!!

Take note that you definitely want to use a water filter on the tap water. Something about the carbonation brings out the dirty taste in tap water. Use a Brita pitcher and its perfect!

I love the bubbles and not necessarily the taste of soda
  • naomidonaldson81
    naomidonaldson81 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Try Kombucha green tea mix, it has that soda taste or try to put fruit inside of any carbonated water it'll give the taste of soda
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It might be the caffeine more than the bubbles. If you really want to quit the pop, you can taper until you drink none or go cold turkey. The cold turkey headaches suck, but tapering isn't something everyone can do.

I found that being outside and especially swimming helped a lot with the caffeine headaches.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I cut back on it by drinking iced tea, on most days I don't crave a soda, but on a hot summer day, it seems to be what my taste buds want. I usually allot myself 1 can of soda a week, (if I want it) it's not bad, IMO, just don't over do it.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If its the fizz you want try fizzy water
  • starlitwaters
    starlitwaters Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Flavored sparkling water helped me, although most contain aspartame and that may not help you if you don't like the taste of artificial sweetener. I couldn't quit soda cold turkey, it gave me awful headaches and made me feel tired and sick -- so you might do something like cut back to one can per day until your body adjusts to not having so much caffeine.