Halloween Challenge

Options
This year, Halloween is on a Saturday! Which means adults get to celebrate it, too! Halloween is my favorite holiday, by far. But Halloween costumes are extra-challenging for those of us in the upper size ranges.

As of today, Halloween is EXACTLY 100 days away, and I intend to be under 200 lbs by that day. That's 28 pounds, which is 2 pounds per week (plus 2 days).

Who want to join me in a Halloween challenge? Post the # of lbs you want to lose by H-day, and at some point, tell us what you want to dress up as. I'm still deciding.

Replies

• FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am hoping to hit 180 by then, which is 27 lbs (almost exactly the same goal as you!) My boyfriend and I were thinking of both dressing up as St. Pauli's girls - German beer wenches (the joke being in his costume, of course!)
  • crisalea
    crisalea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It sounds fun and very motivating. I want to be at 135 by then. That's 14 pounds away. As I get closer to my goal I find it harder to shed the pounds. Thinking about Halloween makes me realize that I have a reason to try harder to look my best! I don't know what I want to be. If I'm at my goal by then, then maybe something a little risqué.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Yay! So... we'll all check in weekly? :)
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Halloween is the biggest holiday of the year in our house. We decorate more than we do at Christmas.

For me, I think 12 lbs is a realistic goal and would put me at 165.
  • Buppybup
    Buppybup Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Would love to!! 10 pounds is a realistic goal for me (I'm breastfeeding so should only lose one pound a week) I will be around 184 pounds! :) Now I need to start thinking of costumes for me and my son!
  • MsWendyDarling
    MsWendyDarling Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is to be at 160 by then, I'm 173 now. Totally attainable goal. I love Halloween!
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Ok, cool, that makes 5 of us! I think we should all check in on Wednesdays to track where we're at.
  • bashfulgemini81
    bashfulgemini81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! Im hoping to lose at least 30 lbs by then. Im still not sure about the costume yet. lol
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    Yay! Welcome!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to lose 12 pounds, which will be my goal weight, for a total of 22 pounds lost.
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun. I'll work toward losing 25 by the holiday. I'll probably wear a steampunk outfit I planned for last new year's eve, but I didn't go. I just need to felt a hat.
  • wildrosewood
    wildrosewood Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My goal is 134 by Halloween, just 14 pounds away!
  • mandyP79
    mandyP79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im in but I'm not weighing. Not now anyways. I get easily discouraged by the scale. I plan to start weighing when I see results in the way my clothes fit. So, what I will do is post the weight I hope to be at around then. My goal will be 145lbs. My ultimate goal is 100 to 105. Im only 4'10.

• ChristieisReady
    Options
    Ok, cool! That's just fine, mandy. Do what works for you. What do you think you want to dress up as?
  • kennagif
    kennagif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I definitely need the motivation and accountability.
  • kennagif
    kennagif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to be 199, which is 26 pounds.
  • kacy87
    kacy87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hadn't even considered what I want to dress up as but that'll be great motivation! Ideally I'd like to lose 30 pounds and get down to 170-175 by then.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join. -27lbs would put me at 250, and I'd be ecstatic!
  • PuckTard
    PuckTard Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'd love to be down at least 13lbs by then, which would put me at 167. In my head, I'm saying I want to dress up as Harley Quinn ... but we'll see if I have lost the weight to have enough confidence to pull it off.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am hoping to be in the 170's by Halloween, which is 27 lbs away!