E-Cigs

Options
Xanifur
Xanifur Posts: 44 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Anyone else vape?
It's a way better alternative to smoking. I smoked for about 5 years while in college because everyone was smoking. Today I rarely see anyone smoking at all. Everyone seems to be flocking to e-cigs. Way glad I dropped the habit, it just got annoying, super expensive, and just a burden.

I find it more relaxing, and its pretty good for a sweet tooth with all the flavors with almost no calories. It can help suppress appetite.

What do you vape? Opinions on it?

RAtkWnK.jpg

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You're recommending people vape when they're hungry?
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    While nicotine does indeed provide appetite suppression, I would hardly recommend anyone use this as a weight loss tool. If you are trying to quell a sweet tooth try gum. Vaping is probably a less risky behavior than smoking. I say probably because there are no decent long term studies to prove it, but it certainly is not a risk free behavior. If you use vaping to transition from smoking standard cigarettes on the path to eventually quitting, I say go for it. To take it up as a tool to lose weight, your just replacing one risky behavior with another, with the possible long term outcome of getting addicted to the vaping, and not losing any weight or gaining it all back, leaving you with 2 risky behaviors when you started with just one.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    i do but i used it to quit smoking. I don't really find it helps at all with hunger or cravings. Although I do have some yummy flavors! They mostly help keep my hands occupied since smoking is as much a hand to mouth habit as a bad addiction. For quitting smoking, a huge thumbs up. For weight loss help, not so much.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I use ecigs as a very temporary tool to quit smoking (> 2 months). I would not suggest long term use.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    maybe this would be better in the chit chat forum not the general diet & weight loss help forum
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i used them to stop smoking.

hubby does it as a hobby.

that said, i was much fatter when i smoked than now, so studies or not, i dont buy into the whole appetite suppressant thing LOLOLOL