I think I may actually get this....

Options
I went into tools tonight and put in the food log for the last 30 days.... it appears that I am netting below or just at 1200 calories most of the time. I was looking at my calories consumed for the day and not at my net calories. So this could explain the weight gain that I have had this last week. So I should be looking at my net calories daily and this should reach at least 1200. Is this correct? This net calories is what I should use to help me acheive a more consistent weight loss???
Am I maybe starting to understand this??? Anyone able to give their two cents....

Replies

• michelle_mareshfuehrer
    michelle_mareshfuehrer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yes, your net calories should be 1200 at the end of the day :) Thus, if you eat 1800 cals worth of food, but you burned 600 cals in exercise, you netted 1200 and are perfect for the day.
  • angiembb
    angiembb Posts: 12
    Options
    I was turning in a daily diary my calories were under 1200 not on purpose just happened. When it popped up what if I did this amount of weight in five weeks it said "My calories were to low and if I don't maintain at least 1200 daily that my body will go into starvation mode and start storing fat" I read this and went and had a little snack and since then have made sure that I am not under 1200 cause I sure as heck don't want to store any more than I already got lol. Hope that helps ;)
    Angie
  • divamom0122
    divamom0122 Posts: 11
    Options
    Sometimes I find it really difficult to eat 1200 and I am six foot tall!! I am in my fifties, but my metabolism is at a snail's pace. I attribute it to crazy dieting most of my life and health issues for the last 15 years. Even eating 1200 - 1350 calories a day, I have not lost any weight for the past 50 days. But I can see that the starvation mode issue is very real so I am focusing on just eating right. Keep on eating right!!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    A 3500 calorie deficit equals one pound weight loss. Aim to burn about 500 more calories per day than you consume. Then you'll lose about a pound per week (500 * 7=3500). I burned a ton of calories this weekend, but I sit at a desk all week, so it's harder to have a consistent calorie burn per day. Hope this helps.