Cereal Killer

Options
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time finding breakfast foods to have in the morning, I don't mind a good apple and egg whites, but i really want to switch it up sometimes.
I'm thinking about having some oatmeal with natural peanut butter but what kind of cereal is good?

I'm open to any suggestions!

I love cereal so I'm excited to find something guilt free that i can enjoy

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE Kashi GoLean Crisp. There are other kinds of Kashi cereals too. I buy mine at wal-mart.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My favorite cereal is the Multigrain Cheerios, I add fresh blueberries or blackberries.

I also love to make plain oatmeal and add a small amount of chopped nuts, blue or blackberries, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.

My favorite thing lately though is a bagel thin with fat free cream cheese, a small amount of sliced deli turkey, raspberries and baby spinach.
  • lomein58
    lomein58 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    English muffin with egg whites and some fruit, Quaker oatmeal squares cereal is amazing.
  • NancySDA
    NancySDA Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Fiber One cereals with a handful of blueberries or strawberries thrown on top is what I go for...but I use soymilk instead of regular milk.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I make my own "raisin bran" with bran flakes and a handful of raisins, avoids the sugary frosting of the actual raisin Bran.

Make a batch of pancakes, I use whole-wheat flour for mine, and use olive oil or hemp oil instead of the butter the recipe calls for, i cook up a big batch and then freeze them for later use.

My go-to cereal when I want some though is Oatmeal Crunch, vanilla almond? But it's pretty high in sugar so I don't have it often.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love my morning oatmeal and eggwhites
    I soak my oatmeal overnight (milk when I'm gaining weight, water when I'm dropping it)
    Add 2 tbsp of Almond butter, and Jam (Full sugar when I'm gaining weight, 0 calorie when I'm dropping it)

I steer clear of processed cereals...I have no idea what is 'really' in them.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ive been killing some special K redberries
  • ehilgeman
    ehilgeman Posts: 45
    Options
    Fiber One, Fiber One, Fiber One. Can I say it one more time? Yes, it looks like rabbit pellets, but it tastes good and, that with some sliced bananas and skim milk never fails to fill me up until lunchtime. Sometimes, I add a sprinkling of Chocolate Cheerios to the top to vary up the flavor.
  • FATGIRLFANTASY
    FATGIRLFANTASY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! This all sounds so great, I'm hungry for breakfast now!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hate egg whites, so I eat the whole egg. Hasn't been a problem for me. Usually something like 2 eggs, a sandwich thins (toasted) and a chobani greek yogurt. Or else I do something like Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Frosted MIni Wheats.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ive been recommended the Active Lifestyle Toasted Almond Cereal with Almond Milk instead of regular milk. I havent tried it yet, but its on my grocery list.

Jessica
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Quakers maple oatmeal is only 170 calories... I have about 5 healthy boxes of cereal that i mix up together to try something different.
  • srenebailey
    srenebailey Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    These have really helped me too! Thanks to whoever gave the suggestion about making your own raisin bran.
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    Fiber one original, Cheerios and Corn Flakes are my main stay --- the other have a lot of sugar in them. Even Fiber One Caramal Clusters (or whatever they're called). Most times I eat them plain with Almond or Soy milk -- which has less calories than 1% milk and tastes pretty damn good!
  • FAtGiRLFItGiRL
    Options
    banana nut cheerios are my fav 100 cals per serving
  • babs23
    babs23 Posts: 86
    Options
    I love Trader Joe's Multigrain O's (basically multigrain cheerios in a TJ's box) with some almond milk and a banana. Pretty standard, but it gives me a good start in the am.
  • radio_flyer
    radio_flyer Posts: 85
    Options
    Ive been recommended the Active Lifestyle Toasted Almond Cereal with Almond Milk instead of regular milk. I havent tried it yet, but its on my grocery list.

Jessica

I just tried Almond Milk -- and at first I was scared -- because it's different, but it's really really good. I put it in my coffee now instead of creamer. I even have my dad putting it on his cereal instead of milk.
  • dcholliday2
    dcholliday2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try Kashi Go Lean Protein Cereal. I used to eat the Kashi Go Lean Crunch...but it's really high in sugar & calories compared to the protein one. Plus the cereal has as much protein in it as an egg! I get mine at Target of all places because it's cheaper there then in our grocery stores in AZ. It's great on its own, but I like to mix in just a little pumpkin granola to sweeten the flavor a little or add a little sliced banana.
  • FATGIRLFANTASY
    FATGIRLFANTASY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Omg, i love almond milk, i use it with a scoop of whey protein powder, blueberries & a banana and I'm full until lunch!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I get the Kashi GoLean cereal too! The original is 140 cal, then I throw in some banana, strawberries, or blueberries.