A new twist on Greek yogurt

Options
Everyone has always told me that you are what you eat and that weight loss is 75% what you eat and 25% what you do. I feel like I have the 25% part down but food always seems to be the struggle for me. But in the last few months I feel like Lane and I have done a really good job at making food healthy but still making it delicious.
I learned early on in my "weight loss journey" that if food didn't taste good then I wouldn't be able to continue to eat healthy. Well let's face it, our family loves to eat. Food is often what brings us together so why not share the love and share the recipes.

Here is what I had for breakfast, post work-out.
2 cups of watermelon
1/2 c plain Greek yogurt
1/2 scoop vanilla protein (Cytosport whey protein from Costco is my protein of choice)
2 T. water
1/4 c oats.

I hate the taste of Greek yogurt, I think it's thick and way disgusting so I dilute the consistency with a little bit of water and then added by protein. Stir it up and pour it over some nice fresh watermelon or fruit of choice.

Here are the nutrition break down:
Calories 281
Fat 3g
Carbs 37
Protein 30
Sugar 21

This snack is a little high in sugar but it's natural sugar so I don't really worry much about it. Also you want to keep the carb to protein ration 2:1 so I would eat a few simple carbs to balance it out.

I hope you enjoy this!

Replies

• jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You should try the Chobani flavored yogurts they are a little better. My partner and I eat the strawberry banana chobani with fresh strawberries and bananas and granola in it. MUCH BETTER!!!!
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    chobani pineapple is amazing!
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    Sounds like a good recipe. I'll give it a try.

As for Chobani, it's all about the black cherry.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You should try Kefir if you don't like the consistency of greek yogurt :) You can find it at most health food stores and some major groceries. It is also high in protein, low in fat and sugar, but is pretty runny (drinkable consistency). I love the plain kind because I can eat it sweet (with fruit in a smoothie) or savory (makes a great dressing for salads if you mix in some ranch-type spices). My favorite brand is Nancy's.
  • terina1181
    terina1181 Posts: 9
    Options
    Yummy Jadey! I love that you and Laney(Jadey and Laney, oh how cute! lol) are trying to eat healthy together, it's a bit of a struggle over here, but we're working on it! I want to know what kind of yogurt McD's uses cuz it's bomb and the cals aren't too bad either!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few greek yogurts and Chobani with any of their fruits are my favorite. I really want to try the plain but my krogers doesn't carry it.