chip on your shoulder?

Options
Was anyone else motivated to get into shape because of a circumstance that really pissed you off?

Replies

• lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Pissed off at myself for getting so big.
  • abegjura
    abegjura Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Agree with lessosmoreohio. Looking in the mirror passed me off enough. Regardless of what initiated it, you have to really want it and not let something get in your way of your goals.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Originally I wanted to get hot after my divorce. That motivation didn't last long. I was finally successful when I did it for me.
  • blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I thought originally i started to make my husband more attracted to me i gained 30lbs with our youngest and it just never came off. I got depressed and as i started doing this i started realizing i wasn't doing this for him it was for me. He never said i was unattractive anymore that was me. Its funny how our brains get the best of us at time. I also have body dysmorphia disorder which can be a devils advocate itself but lately im not feeling as negative about my appearance as i used to its amazing whwt can happen when you really stop taking a back seat to life and take control.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Not for me. Being angry or sad makes me backtrack. Being happy with where I am right now rather than upset keeps me going.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    i ate the chip on my shoulder because im such a fat *kitten* now im angry and want to lose weight
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    yup. a specific comment from a certain ex sent me into a fury initially
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I've thought back to the anger being annoyed angle and for me its a no. Being p'd off played no part. I might have been less than impressed, but thats different.
  • chubbs415706
    chubbs415706 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm angry I'm so unhealthy. My back problems have gotten so bad and that is my motivator. I need to lose weight so I can function and be a good mom. I want to feel good about myself. I want to want to take pictures with my kids. I want to wear shorts on a hot day without second guessing myself. I'm mad it affects my life so deeply.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    hj01r1jr7p24.jpg

This pic of myself and my daughter taken August 2014 really got me to take a good look at myself. Daughter looks really pissed at having to stand next to me and it hurt a lot.

HOWEVER, look at me now, 23 pounds lighter:

0iwti8sbbht0.jpg