Recording Your Water Intake

Options
Hi guys,

Just wanted to say that I am new to the forums, but REALLY excited about my weight loss with this program. I am 18 years old, and I am about 230lbs (30-40lbs more then I would like to be). This seems like the EXACT thing that I need, but I had just a few questions about health and the program that I needed answered:

1) When it asks for the cups that you drink, is it asking for the cup as in measurement? Or as in 'a glass of water'?
2) How important is it to record your water drinking habits in this program?
3) If you are doing around 45min-1hr of exercise a day, how much water should you be drinking?

Thank you so much guys, I am really looking forward to trying this!

-Tobin

Replies

• mbaker81
    mbaker81 Posts: 8
    Options
    You should drink 8 cups of water a day... a cup is 8 ounces. Add in a couple extra if you are exercising. so, at the very least 8-10.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    *Welcome to MFP! You'll love it!

1) i never really thought of this, i just assumed it was a measurement of "1 cup of water"!
    2) it's not really important to record your drinking water on mfp, HOWEVER, it is super important to get lots of water so your body stays hydrated and millions of other reasons. (just google "why do i need to drink water?") LOL. but it's just good to keep track of how much water you are drinking and using the water counter is a simple way to do this.
    3) there isn't really a "magic" number of cups of water you should drink a day, everyone is different. (kind of like sleep..) it is recommended to have 8 cups of water a day/just like it is recommended to have 8 hours of sleep a night for optimum performance.

hope this helps and good luck !!!
  • TobinShields
    Options
    Hrmmmm, you guys make a lot of sense... I already drink a LOT of water a day, it there such a thing as drinking 'too much' water?
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Water is huge in weight loss it cleans out your bodies impurities, fills you up, hydrates your skin, helps digest food, my husband drinks a gallon a day!
  • Kimrenaud
    Kimrenaud Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    yes, but only at 1 time.....if you space it out through out the day no but you might pee alot!
  • GreenGablesJes
    Options
    i drink water all day long i usually probably drink around 12-8oz glasses a day. especially since i have a 24oz camelbak water bottle i carry around everywhere and it's easy to keep track of how much water i drink since if i fill it up 3 times i've drank 9-8oz glasses of water.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Every biological function within the body begins with water.

Yep, pretty important.
    I go for 2 gallons of water a day. My AM gallon and my PM gallon.

On a side note, I gave blood last Tuesday, and the guy tells me to double the amount of water I normally drink. I laughed and told him how much I already drank.