Nursing students????

phit4mw
phit4mw Posts: 2 Member
im starting over once again, I've lost the weight before so I know it can be done, but it just seems so much harder now. I'm struggling to find balance and motivation, and I'm feeling very discouraged! Are there any nursing students out there making it work? How do you balance the stress and hectic schedules with exercise and a healthy diet?

Replies

• Jessalane0607
    Jessalane0607 Posts: 89 Member
    I have been getting my gen eds out of the way, and head into the nursing classes this fall. I also have 5 children and work part time at the hospital as a CNA. It's been hard to find the time, but if you just give yourself 30-45 minutes a day to walk, you'll feel better, think better, and look better. It's not easy, but I find a routine is the way to go. :) Good luck Hon!! Oh, and you can add me if you want. I always need more motivation myself.
  • phit4mw
    phit4mw Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the advice! I've been bouncing around the idea of waking up an hour earlier to get in some kind of workout. I just have to push myself! Good luck this fall!!
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    I'm no longer a student, been an emerge/icu nurse for 2 years. its definitely not easy. I find if I prepare my gym bag for right after a night shift, and go right after work, i tell myself ill sleep better. or I'll set reminders on my phone to tell me to get up and work out for 45. i also try to vary my workouts. I'll swim on day, run the next, weights at the gym 3-4x a week. keeps me interested.