Feeling tired...

Options
I am currently on a Doctor monitored 1200 calorie a day meal plan (I hate the word diet) and am working out an average of 45 minutes 5-6 days a week. I get plenty of sleep 7-8 hours a night. Problem is I feel like I could fall asleep in seconds for most of the day. Anyone else having this problem? What do you to avoid it?

Replies

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I found that when i exercised every day i felt more tired, so i have dropped it down to 3 times a week, ive also added a protein/energy shake on the days that i do exercise. I would say have more rest days or drop the amount of time you exercise x
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It depends on where I am in my cycle but this happens to me here and there too. You can probably eat a portion of your exercise calories back, drink some more water, and have some coffee :) if it seems uncontrollable, you may want to check with the doctor again.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I do get more tired during ovulation and right before period. Is it all the time or sporadic?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Did you start this recently? It's normal for people to get more tired when they begin exercising. Usually, in a week or two, you have more energy.
    Lid you feel really tired, call the doctor and tell them. :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    1200 calories may not be enough for you unless you're short, but since you are under a doctor's supervision, let them know the issue you are having.

High glycemic load foods like white bread make me sleepy, so I either don't eat them, or eat them right before bed.

Foods with a high glycemic load of 20 or more:
    • High-sugar beverages
    • Candy
    • Sweetened fruit juices
    • Couscous
    • White rice
    • White pasta
    • French fries and baked potatoes
    • Low-fiber cereals (high in added sugar)
    • Macaroni and cheese
    • Pizza
    • Raisins and dates
  • slp51
    slp51 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ive also added a protein/energy shake on the days that i do exercise.

This. How much protein are you consuming? The recommended daily intake is 0.8 to 1.5 g per pound of body weight. I find that when I don't consume enough protein, I'm more tired. If you don't already try adding a protein supplement specifically made for women, as those contain nutrients that women especially need.

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When I was on 1,200 calories per day I couldn't exercise very often without feeling weak. I see you're on a doctor monitored plan to maybe ease up on the workouts and increase your protein?
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You sound like you struggle with chronic fatigue - find a 'high quality' b12 spray or vitamin
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Has the feeling tired coincided with the new meal and exercise plan? If so, I'd let your doctor now about your symptoms. Depending on how long you've been at it, there could be a vitamin deficiency, or you might not be eating enough for your current stats (height, weight, age, exercise level).

Meet Scooby! Scooby can help you look at caloric needs based on your stats. If they're drastically different than what your doc has you on, it could very well be worth a conversation! :smiley:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calories-burned/
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes. I consume high protein and I think not enough fat. Iron is low too. I think upping both of those would help me, personally. Perhaps you as well.
  • MichiganGirl67
    MichiganGirl67 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been on the same workout routine for 6 weeks now. Minimal Sugars and Carbs and 70 grams of Protein so I don't think that is it. I also take a subilingual B12 vitamin. (Sorry Guys, girly info coming) Although I no longer have periods this would be about the time that I normally cycle so that may be it but It seems like it has been about 3 weeks now. I am going to get to the bottom of it, please keep the information coming. Do any of you use a CPap Machine?