whats your story? Heres mine: April vs Pcos-

Options
Hi there! My name is April . I’m 21 year old that lives in the true north strong, eh?
Last year before my birthday I got diagnosed with Pcos, Poly cystic ovarian syndrome – Of course , I didn’t understand or realize what that meant other than I get serve pain on my periods (Plus, I didn’t eat the healthiest due to college cafe :cookie: ) My nurse has put me on birth control and metformin.. an am known as boarder line diabetic.. So currently preparing for next appointment, no clue whats next.

My Goal : I want to be healthy for my future clients, as I’m in school for dsw, and for myself to be the best I can be.
Unfortunately I am still learning so I know I’m going to need some support, so anyone with me? :tongue: Feel free to add!

Replies

• apreezy
    apreezy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi April, you are off to a great start. Just keep focused and try to focus on foods high in fiber and low on the glycemic index. And of course, steer clear of flour, sugar, pastas, etc. You will notice results in no time!
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and am on Metformin. Just a tip - don't be afraid to lift weights. I have no idea what the scientific explanation is, but I'm seeing much better results with my weight loss after adding in (HEAVY) weight lifting, compared to when I would just do cardio all the time.
  • jessicanyari
    jessicanyari Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a sufferer of PCOS and i have also been prescribed metformin. It's really a learning process when it comes to foods you can eat and foods you should try to avoid, i'm still not crystal clear on it myself!
    I hope you don't mind me asking a question on your post. I read online the other day that sufferers shouldn't drink cows milk, it's something to do with the amount of hormones in it, does anyone know if this is true or not?