The more I lose, the worse I look...

Options
I hate looking at pics of myself! I know we all go through this, but I get so discouraged when I see a pic of me! I look like a melted candle and it makes me want to give up. The pic of me in the tie-dye was my heaviest 297... the one of me sitting with my hubby and the dog, which is the most recent pic of me, (taken yesterday) is 50 some pounds lost and I can't see it and I think I look terrible. What the heck???

Replies

• JFoster26
    JFoster26 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think you look great!!! I am my own worst critic and it sounds like you might be the same way, but take it from me, you're looking fantastic! I have a little over 50 lbs to lose myself and you're an inspiration to me! Keep fighting the good fight!
  • RSO206
    RSO206 Posts: 39
    Options
    Dont get discouraged your doing great!! I'm sure your skin will tighten up and in the end you'll look great.
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Wow! I can see your loss, there's a lot less of you in that second pic!

I don't know anything about your exercise routine... if there is any at all. But may I suggest you do some strength training?! As far as I can see, you look like a ballon which isn't filled with enough air. You're losing weight, but your skin isn't shrinking and your body isn't firming up. You might to build up some muscles...

I hope this helps. Don't want to offend!

MM
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I hate looking at pics of myself! I know we all go through this, but I get so discouraged when I see a pic of me! I look like a melted candle and it makes me want to give up. The pic of me in the tie-dye was my heaviest 297... the one of me sitting with my hubby and the dog, which is the most recent pic of me, (taken yesterday) is 50 some pounds lost and I can't see it and I think I look terrible. What the heck???

I personally think you're doing great. I think the issue is, your expectations don't meet reality. Just keep on going, and in due time you will see the results you want.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you need to build some muscle..which means..gasp..eating more and lifting weights!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You look fine.... Don't worry. As one other person said, you have high expectations of what you should look like at this point. Just keep working at it. But just remember the camera adds 10lbs too. AND Those pictures are probably in HD so its probably like adding 20lbs. So what it really means is you look 20lbs better in real life than any camera can show you!

:heart:
  • AmesLee78
    AmesLee78 Posts: 111
    Options
    You look great! I don't think anyone who looks at themselves is 100% happy. When I WAS skinny, I hated myself and thought I was fat (mind you this was at 115 pounds, 12 years ago.) How I would give anything to be back there..lol

Try to find at least one positive thing a day and you'll feel much better. And just remember how healthy you are making yourself by doing this! {{{HUGS}}}
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think you look so much smaller! give yourself some credit! and be proud! if your worried about the extra skin, try strength you need some muscle to go with your new smaller self!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Holy girl! You're doing great! And looking it! Regardless of some extra saggy skin, you're still getting healthier. I've seen a lot of posts about skin, and the recurring answers are lose slowly, do strength training and stay hydrated (inside with lots of water and outside with moisturizer).

Keep up the great work!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement you guys! I knew you would make me feel better! I love you all!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    yep you look better to me as well, keep going!
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i think youre looking fab. Much better for the weight loss xx