Soda pop!

Options
13»

Replies

• htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    No sweet tea or soda for 6 months for me. I decided to cut it out for good (may drink tea again, but I feel like soda is something I can do without). I downloaded a countdown type app on my phone that tells me how many days since I've had soda...even has a pic of my last glass of it! Good luck!
  • FitDadSam
    FitDadSam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Diluting juice with Sparkling Water instead of water
  • Jecca910
    Jecca910 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you guys for your responses !!! There are all so helpful and a lot of different options were brought to the table! I'm gonna try them all til I find the perfect thing that works for me!!! No giving up either way!!! So far it's fitting in my macros but my voice in my head is saying sugar is baaaaaaddddd! I do know I do not like tea at all or the taste of diets but I'm going to try to transition or just work myself off little by little!
  • meadowslight79
    meadowslight79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I still trying to cut out sodas-- I get the bottles one but I try to leave it in an other room-- So if I really want it I have to get up and go get a sip :) It isn't the best but sometimes the soda last for a few days. :)
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    If it's the bubbles, either drink a carbonated water like Perrier (there are many brands) or try a flavored seltzer. There are a lot of zero calorie naturally flavored ones (no artificial sweeteners)
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I still trying to cut out sodas-- I get the bottles one but I try to leave it in an other room-- So if I really want it I have to get up and go get a sip :) It isn't the best but sometimes the soda last for a few days. :)

At least it's a step in the right direction.

(sorry. could not stop myself)

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Have you tried seltzer water?
  • itsafatrose
    itsafatrose Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love soda so I feel your pain. When I started counting calories I switched to Lipton Sparkling Iced tea. It's sweet, carbonated and only 70 calories per can with no artificial sweeteners. From there I eventually switched to carbonated water (soda stream) with lemon or lime juice. I still occasionally have a soda, but only as a planned and logged treat.
  • ThisIsRae
    ThisIsRae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking 5-7 bottles (20oz) or more a day and eating very little (seriously, maybe a peanut butter sandwich at night and soda all day), then went to four a day, then two a day, then one a day, and now I allow myself a single 12 ounce can. Granted, that still puts me over the amount of sugar I'm supposed to limit to, but frankly my soda addiction is just that, I get a great deal of gratification from drinking soda, and for now I'm okay with that. When I started cutting back I tried diet, but I got headaches from the aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. I love the bubbles so now I grab a pack of S. Pellegrino and squeeze in some lime and lemon juice and drink that with meals/when I want something bubbly. I still crave soda all day like crazy, even after months of drinking just the one can. I still struggle when I'm out shopping and I reach into one of the refrigerated drink sections in the check out lanes and force myself to grab a water instead of the soda two inches to the left. I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but it hasn't for me! Just be strong and say no as best you can!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You need to Gibbs-slap your inner voice! XD Sugar isn't bad or evil, just have to make sure that you enjoy in moderation. Hope you find something that works for you!
  • moesis
    moesis Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Jecca910 wrote: »
    hellloooo everyone. I am on my weight loss journey. I've only been doing this for 9 days but it's getting easier every day to stay aware to what I'm putting in my body and my triggers. The only problem I'm having is with soda. I cannot stop craving it. I can't stand the after taste of artificial sweeteners and i feel like it's just the bubbles that I'm craving. I want to stop drinking it all together but I've really seen I'm addicted to it lol does anyone use a soda stream or have any suggestions? I feel like Pop is the only thing that's standing in my way of reaching my goals.

I too am a soda addict. I have managed to slowly reduce my consumption by forcing myself to drink 64 ounces of water before and inbetween every glass of soda I want. If you use something like Nutrilite, I use something similar called True Lime or True Lemon, to flavor the water it's easier to choke down.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Crush taste the same as their regular counter parts so I have changed to them. I live for pop and this makes it a little easier.

Mmm..diet A&W
  • marykate_1203
    marykate_1203 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love those sparkling ice drinks and skinny girl ones. Also, the company arbonne puts out these fizz sticks that you put in water. They are all natural and really tasty!
  • tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bai5 bubbles is my favorite subsitute...its just really expensive. I used to like sparkling ice but it tastes kind of chemically sometimes. I also mix koolaid with stevia (favorite being black cherry) if I just want something sweet and cold.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I had/have a lot to lose, so it wasn't much of an option for me to give up soda. But know that I was drinking 5+ cans a day, typically mtn dew or pepsi. I kicked it by using mio, which in icewater, I barely noticed the artificial taste. Now, 3 months in, I'm still drinking a lot of mio, and to me it tastes just like I remember coolaid tasting. Also, I've cut back, unconciously, and sort of transitioned into drinking a lot of water.

TLDR: try mio, and give it a solid week before you give it up, I aquired the tasted quickly and now I love it, and don't drink soda anymore =)