High protein recipes?

soonerdave34
soonerdave34 Posts: 2 Member
Had weight loss surgery and have a 125g protein intake daily, any suggestions would be awesome

Replies

• amillenium
    amillenium Posts: 281 Member
    Im not a vegetarian but also not crazy about meat, fish, chicken. I get tired of eggs so I try some creative protein powder recipes:
    http://proteinpow.com/
  • fitmum2be
    fitmum2be Posts: 49 Member
    I got heaps of ideas from bodybuilding.com as my partner has a protein only day and macros / micros he has to hit daily so far the best way ive found is to split it between meals e.g breakfast egg white 1/2 c chicken 4oz omlette or eggs n lean bacon, snack is protein shake or chicken 4oz and cottage cheese 1 serve, chicken wrap with 4oz chicken, cottage cheese or cream cheese (both varieties i buy have limited fat, carb n lots of protein) salad etc, second snack of egg cups with variety of ingreds including lean ham or bacon for added protein (low sodium low fat varieties), dinner is what ever protein we are having (family of 6) with steamed or baked vegetables. Sometimes ill make us protein pancakes using protein powder and personally i love overnight protein oats.
  • Survivor_08
    Survivor_08 Posts: 1 Member
    Had weight loss surgery and have a 125g protein intake daily, any suggestions would be awesome
    Are u at the stage yet where you can eat meat? Besides Pinto and Northern beans I also enjoyed hummus... then of course Triple Zero yogurts
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    protein shakes

chicken

fish

more protein shakes :mrgreen:
  • 4thhorseman
    4thhorseman Posts: 10 Member
    Check out the Protein Factory online, they have some pretty awesome unflavored protein powders with no fillers. If you're having trouble getting enough protein simply add a scoop to just about anything you make and you won't know the difference. Use whole wheat pancake mix and add a scoop per pancake, add a scoop to your eggs in the morning, make a smoothie and add a scoop. If you're eating 4-6 times a day eat high protein foods, protein bars, and add a scoop of flavorless protein to your favorite drinks, it's makes them a little creamy but doesn't really change the flavor
  • PneumaVision
    PneumaVision Posts: 44 Member
    My staples are a protein shake made with 2 cups of nonfat milk; chicken breast which I just boil or slice and put on the good ol' George Foreman grill; and lowfat cottage cheese. I make a kind of chicken salad with diced chicken breast and minced eggwhites moistened with Kroger nonfat creamy ranch dressing.
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    protein shakes, cottage cheese, greek yogurt.
  • soonerdave34
    soonerdave34 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks all for the suggestions, they are greatly appreciated
  • lism76
    lism76 Posts: 1 Member
    I am one year out, Dave. Ricotta bake, add pb2 to the greek yogurt, thin sliced nitrate free deli meat (3 slices are 10 grams protein, with a piece of swiss wrapped around...you get around 17 grams just for that). Message me if you need/want further ideas or a friend.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    I had weight loss surgery too. Most days I hit 120+ grams of protein. I primarily eat meat, cottage cheese and cheese to reach my protein goals. I round out my diet with low-carb wraps (good source of fiber and some protein) and vegetables and some fruit.
    I don't know how far out you are from surgery, but 125 grams can be hard to hit if it was fairly recent.

• twinsmake5
    twinsmake5 Posts: 2 Member
    lism76 can you post the ricotta bake recipe please... TIA!