2»

Replies

• jensquish1
    jensquish1 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    jensquish1 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    OP: You do not need shakes or pills or patches to lose weight. If you would like a meal replacement shake look into less expensive protein powders, they will save you money and do the same thing.

[Edited by MFP Mods]
    I'm genuinely curious... For my own knowledge bank... What's a reasonable price for protein powders? I have a brand I love. I'm just wondering as I'm new to this lol

Protein powders can range from "cheap" in the $20 range for about 60 servings up to probably triple that or more depending on the brand. Many of the MLM scam type powders are $100-150 for a similar amount (from what I've seen people talk about, I've never bought any).

I went with a more expensive one because I drink it with water only, and I like the flavor and how it mixes without needing milk or something else. I use Trutein, which is ~$50 for 4lbs (around 50 servings).
    Thanks! I pay around 40 but I forgot how many servings are in the tub. I will check that one out as well.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Nope, you are better off going to Vitamin Shoppe and getting one by Vega, or a green food + plant protein based one, or one by Optimum Nutrition. Dont let it replace all of your meals. Eat healthy, eat in deficit, workout well and youll be good to go.
  • CHRISTISAM2001
    CHRISTISAM2001 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have lost with herbalife, but I also do the old weight watchers. I like the shakes for breakfast because I'm in a rush. I like to add instant coffee to mine for a chocolate coffee shake. I take a few of the supplements like the total control! I have kept the weight I have lost off for over 2 yrs now.