any thoughts on the weighted hula hoop?

Options
tlapdx72
tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
I am thinking about trying out hula hooping. I use to enjoy it as a kid. I have heard that it is a great ab toner. Any thoughts?

Replies

• quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I want to try it! I used to enjoy hula hooping, too, but last year tried it with my daughter, who was 5 at the time. She is great at it and I can't do it anymore! I did find, though, that it was much easier/I was more successful with the heavier hoop. I think the weighted one would make it more possible to succeed in getting those moves back! Just playing around with it and trying regularly did seem to whittle my waist a bit.
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds hula hooping & walking last year. I loved it.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 lb one and it is alot easier to do with the weighted one. I still can't do a regular one but with the weighted one I could go for an hour no problem. It takes some getting used to though. If you do get one only use it for 3 mins at a time and work your way up. I had really nasty bruises from it at first. Lots of fun though.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    One of my MFP's swears by them she has tons of them!! and she has lost lots of weight!
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    OUCH!!! It hurts at first, but works...once you get used to it!
  • morningstarluv
    Options
    I love them!!! I mean REALLY love them! lol I lost 20 some pounds Hula-Hooping! I had many injuries & Hula-Hooping was amazing getting me back in shape. It works the abs soooo much! I have lots of them. Actually just bought 2 more today :happy: I order them online from www.sports-hoop.com. Great service & best product!!! Enjoy :flowerforyou:
  • morningstarluv
    Options
    Forgot to tell you the TRIM HOOP 3B is the best!!! :smile:
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    morningstar2 is my MFP that I was talking about :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have one. It's a lot harder than when we were kids, but it is a good workout. It just takes a while to re-learn how to hoop.
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    you should make your own hoola hoop.
    http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html
    i would do it but i can't find any of this tubing in australia.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your comments :) I think I'm going to get one next week :)
  • MommaSherryB
    MommaSherryB Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just ordered the Weighted Sports Hula Hoops online at http://www.sports-hoop.com/ - and was wondering how long you had bruising? I know that alot of the Curves Gym locations use these. This site also has ones for upper arms.

Thanks,
    Sherry
  • emmacummin
    emmacummin Posts: 23
    Options
    I ordered a hoop last week and have used it a couple of times. Great fun, but ouch! I've got 2 big black bruises on my hips! How long do you need to hoop for until your body get used to it?