need food and nutrition help

Options
I am Corrine. I definitely need help with nutrition and eating the right foods. I don't know what to eat that is healthy and don't know how to cook.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    People make it too complicated. I bet if you think about it you know generally what healthy meals are--some protein, vegetables, stuff like that. https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-plate-vs-usda-myplate/

What do you eat now? You might be able to modify that to be somewhat healthier and also lower calorie.

Learning to cook is really helpful. A book I think is a great starter option is Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. What can you cook now?
  • idrinkalotofwater
    idrinkalotofwater Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just count your calories and adjust your diet accordingly
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Google Meditteranean Diet. It's got plenty of data to prove it's healthy.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Assuming your primary goal is to lose the additional 79 pounds, you can eat anything you want. You just need to eat less than you have been. Set up your profile and goals in this program and stay within the calorie goal it sets for you.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. You just need to eat less than you have been. Set up your profile and goals in this program and stay within the calorie goal it sets for you.

Not true. You are talking weight loss, she is asking about healthy eating and nutrition. Calories are only one factor in healthy eating.
  • CorrineChase
    CorrineChase Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I need some help. On the 30th of this month I am having all but 6 of my teeth taken out. It will be 2 months until I can get dentures. The Oral surgeon said that I should eat only soft foods and liquids and cut up things into very small bites. What food and drinks do you suggest?