Super FILLING snack, what's your favorite?

Options

Replies

• R4z0r4Mm0
    R4z0r4Mm0 Posts: 131
    Options
    I snack on homemade Oatmeal pancakes.
    No flour, eggs, salt or sugar. Use yoghurt, cottage cheese or just water instead of skim milk.
    Peanut butter or cheese on top when it's done.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with some honey and a cup of tea always tides me over :)
  • esy1024
    esy1024 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Absolute chocoholic but I love Nutella with Wheat Thins Fiber Select Crackers. Pair it with a hot cup of tea, and it's really filling.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Fat (good fat) foods are the best snacks and hold you over for quite some time. Pistachio's or Almonds are the best. I eat a serving of Pistachio's or more every single day. They satisfy your hunger. I don't eat to a full stomach. Generally i eat to about 80% full for meals and nowhere near that for snacks. Good Luck.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Popcorn .... you get so much for not many calories. A granny smith apple is always one of my go to snacks. Dry cereal.
  • MsPitt
    MsPitt Posts: 78
    Options
    Another cottage cheese person here - I like to stir in some boysenberry preserves. :)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Other than the carrots, apples, peanut butter, and oatmeal which were already mentioned.... I like to take 3 slices of turkey breast (sandwich meat) and roll up one wedge of laughing cow cheese inside. It's only 95 calories, contains11 grams of protein and only 1gm of sugar, and it takes the edge off the hunger for me. :flowerforyou:
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    Low fat cottage cheese with gherkin relish mixed through - serve on some multigrain crackers YUMMO!!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    - air-popped popcorn
    - greek yogurt with fruit and a little bit of Truvia
    - oats (with whatever you like in them: whey, sugar-free maple syrup, fruit, etc.)
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    I love pickles.....5 calories....but also jello temptations 60 calories are awesome and will hit that sweet craving every time!!!
  • MightyMom4
    MightyMom4 Posts: 180
    Options
    I LOVE the 100 calorie kettle corn popcorn.

Agreed! One of my favorites as well. VERY FILLING!!!
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've posted about this before, so forgive me if you've seen this. My new favorite snack is sliced pears with fat-free, sugar-free vanilla pudding. You use the pears as a spoon so you get the sweet from the pudding and the crunch from the pears... YUMMY!! And when I'm done, I'm not only full but I feel like I've eaten a dessert. It's really good!
  • lorisowers
    lorisowers Posts: 64
    Options
    I've posted about this before, so forgive me if you've seen this. My new favorite snack is sliced pears with fat-free, sugar-free vanilla pudding. You use the pears as a spoon so you get the sweet from the pudding and the crunch from the pears... YUMMY!! And when I'm done, I'm not only full but I feel like I've eaten a dessert. It's really good!

That sounds good I am going to have to try that.

I like cottage cheese with any fruit
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Here's another (which I just ate). Apple with a tbsp of peanut butter. Came to 180 cal. Be aware, this is low in protein. Normally I wouldn't recommend it, but I happen to be well on track with protein today.
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    What about good old homemade vegetable soup! (Can you tell it's winter here)
  • boobear00
    boobear00 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The post about oats made me remember a recipe I used to use on 6 week body makeover that was wonderful.

Granola

◦1 cup Splenda
    ◦½ cup water
    ◦¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    ◦1 tablespoon maple or vanilla extract (I use 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon almond extract, 1 teaspoon imitation butter extract.)
    ◦4 cups quick oats (I use ½ quick oats and ½ old-fashioned. I liked the texture of the combination.)

Pre-heat oven to 275°. Combine Splenda, water, cinnamon and extract(s) in a large bowl until Splenda is dissolved. Add oats and combine until you have clumps. Pour oat mixture onto two non-stick cookie sheets and sprinkle clumps evenly. Bake 60 minutes, until golden.

It comes out sweet and crunchy. Then I would bag it up in individual serving sizes.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My snack of choice right now is Fage greek style yogurt. Is has about 130 calories per cup and no fat. It is a lot thicker than regular yogurt so it is super filling and has a good amount of protein. I flavor it with truvia or sugar free jam.
  • robbie1958
    robbie1958 Posts: 4
    Options
    Crab sticks, they are 0% fat, healthy and five sticks takes away the craving for other snack foods. i used to eat humous and krispbreads, but it's so easy to pig out on them. i got so i could eat a tub of humous and ten crackers in one sitting...600 calories.
  • VeraSchwankl
    VeraSchwankl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Bars got me through many a long afternoon at work. My husband likes the Clif Protein Bars, and they're pretty good too. :)
  • carina_75
    carina_75 Posts: 88
    Options
    The post about oats made me remember a recipe I used to use on 6 week body makeover that was wonderful.

Granola

◦1 cup Splenda
    ◦½ cup water
    ◦¼ teaspoon cinnamon
    ◦1 tablespoon maple or vanilla extract (I use 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon almond extract, 1 teaspoon imitation butter extract.)
    ◦4 cups quick oats (I use ½ quick oats and ½ old-fashioned. I liked the texture of the combination.)

Pre-heat oven to 275°. Combine Splenda, water, cinnamon and extract(s) in a large bowl until Splenda is dissolved. Add oats and combine until you have clumps. Pour oat mixture onto two non-stick cookie sheets and sprinkle clumps evenly. Bake 60 minutes, until golden.

It comes out sweet and crunchy. Then I would bag it up in individual serving sizes.

I'm trying this thanks for the recipe!! :flowerforyou: