new to watching what I eat

Options
Hi,

I'm new to all this. I decided to start using this as a tool to monitor my food intake and energy output, which Ive never had to worry about before.

I'm 25 years old and 5ft 11(ish). I used to be a healthy weight (around 11.5 stone) and fit (1.5 hours at the gym 3 times a week was easy).
Almost a year ago I had an operation that went wrong. It left me unable to do any difficult physical activity for 6 months, and I was put on sterroids. Not a good combination!
Now at over 2 stone heavier than I was this time last year, I'm having to work hard at my weight and my fitness for the first time..,. I'm finding this really difficult as I've always been slim and healthy.

Excersise is so much harder when you are heavier, and I'm finding it difficult to get the motivation to get into it again.

One day I will fit into my clothes again and be able to run for the train without struggling for breath.. Maybe this site will help me get there.

Replies

• tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you will do just fine :smile:
  • want2walknotwaddle
    want2walknotwaddle Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    exercise not that much harder just because you are bigger, it more to do with tolerance levels and what you used to, when i first started dieting and exercising i was 20 stone 1 and it was hard work but i built up slowly and now can brisk walk 5 miles on a regular basis and do a 90 min workout after a day at work without thinking about it and have lost 3 stone in 3 month in the process

best way to approach exercise is in small steps i started with a 20 minute workout and a regular stroll and just increased effort over the weeks, anything is possible when that thing in your brain just clicks into place

good luck x
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    Hi there :) Im new to this site as well! Although not to new to the whole dieting thing lol i used to be a heavier girl around 220lbs or so. I lost about 60lbs with good old fashion dieting and keeping an active life style. Ive been maintaining for the past year and a half, but want to lose this last bit so im back on the wagon! If you need any tips or advise feel free to hit me up! id be happy to help out if i can :o) -brittany
  • Curvygoth
    Curvygoth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We will be each other's motivation. We both want to do it so we shall.
  • Purple_Lurple
    Purple_Lurple Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    We will be each other's motivation. We both want to do it so we shall.

I sure hope so :)
    It looks like we're well on the way to being healthy again.

Thank you for all the kind words everyone :)
  • endopride
    endopride Posts: 19
    Options
    making a note of the food we eat makes all the difference in the world. i wasn't a big foodie, but after noting down what goes in you really realize how much of a difference it makes. i'm about 1 wk old on this site... feel free to add me! :)