22 And in Need of Support

Options
Like I said, I'm 22 and I want to lose weight. I've dealt with weight problems forever, mostly putting it off because I'm shy, but I recently started a job in a career that I'm absolutely in love with! I get to build props for haunted houses and for movie sets, which is awesome, but demanding! Sure there's a lot of movement at work, but I feel like I'm constantly running ragged and I'd just like some internet support, someone I can talk to about fat problems. I have tons of skinny friends, friends who won't understand what it's like to feel like you want to lose 100+ lbs or friends who don't really understand the limitation of working out with this big of body.. I just want to be able to connect with someone who understands these things. So here it goes! I'm open to older, younger, male, female, nonbinary, ect, friends. Anyone who is positive and is looking for encouragement as well!

Replies

• DomieCarrasco
    DomieCarrasco Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I recently gained 80lbs in 2 years because of thyroid issues. It's hard when the number you have to lose is that high! But I'm down 20 pounds and mfp really helps so much. As log as you honestly long everything this app is fantastic! I'm here for you! Will add!
  • kaylasmileface
    kaylasmileface Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I recently gained 80lbs in 2 years because of thyroid issues. It's hard when the number you have to lose is that high! But I'm down 20 pounds and mfp really helps so much. As log as you honestly long everything this app is fantastic! I'm here for you! Will add!
    Thanks! I really appreciate it! I'm at a weird time of my life where I have enough space between me and my friends which I think will give me time to lose weight and find out who I really am and who I want to be. I'm excited to have online friends who are supportive of my weightloss and I'm excited to support them too!
  • Raevynne
    Raevynne Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, Kayla. I'm on week four now & it's been going good so far. Welcome to MFP!
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    KK i'll play support. Please don't feed.
  • Zeefishy
    Zeefishy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean as far as friends who don't quite understand go. Most of my friends are thin so I can't really relate to them. If you would like support you can totally add me and we'll work through weight loss together! :)
  • kaylasmileface
    Options

Lol I can't tell if you're trying to be offensive or if you sincerely think that was helpful, but just a heads up, it was neither. Go troll somewhere else.
  • jessicarayan
    jessicarayan Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Lol I can't tell if you're trying to be offensive or if you sincerely think that was helpful, but just a heads up, it was neither. Go troll somewhere else.

Its obscure but I think he was making a reference to a video game as a joke. In moba's, there is a support role who keeps the fighters alive, if the fighter dies a lot they call it feeding as it empowers the other side, or "feeds" their fighter.

Feel free to add :)

• kaylasmileface
    Options

Its obscure but I think he was making a reference to a video game as a joke. In moba's, there is a support role who keeps the fighters alive, if the fighter dies a lot they call it feeding as it empowers the other side, or "feeds" their fighter.

Feel free to add :)

If that's so, then I'll totally own up to an apology, but until it's clarified...
    Thanks jessicarayan for the clarification
  • darthina
    darthina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Kayla! I'm in the same boat as you. I have about 150lbs to lose and it's been a struggle my whole life. The past few weeks I've been exercising and eating healthy, so I've lost 21lbs already, but still a long way to go. I feel great though and that helps me want to keep pushing forward. I hope this helps motivate/support you in some way, you're not alone in this! Stay positive and you'll reach the finish line!

- Sarah
  • BuxomBones
    BuxomBones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been fat for literally my whole life and I'm aiming to get healthy. I completely understand what its like to have only thin friends who just don't understand. I have anxiety, depression, and I stress eat/binge eat (been doing much better!) So that makes this journey even more tough. I'm here for support, motivation, and if you need someone to vent to!
  • jcamarsh2013
    jcamarsh2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I have only been on this journey for a few weeks and I know how hard it is