What are your roadblocks to weight loss?

Options
My roadblock to weight loss are the special occasions which happen all too often. What's yours?

Replies

• irishprincess007
    irishprincess007 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Emotional downs
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Vacation
  • Chayacandoit
    Chayacandoit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What are our strategies to take down these road blocks? I plan to write down the food to be eaten at a special occasion before I put it in my mouth. What do we do about vacations or emotional downs?
  • jazzerle
    jazzerle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Careless comments....I have been working out faithfully for a few months and eating better. I haven't lost much weight but my clothes feel better and people that I know have noticed and have been supportive. Yesterday I was getting ready for a strength training class when a woman I had never seen before asked me when my baby was due. She might as well have hit me over the head with a brick --- I am NOT pregnant and that comment has totally un-motivated me, I feel like "what's the use!!??" I'm not going to give up but it's hard for me to get excited about it...
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Family. Constantly buying treats because 'you deserve it'.
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Emotions and stress! I have a tendency to emotional eat.
  • Chayacandoit
    Options
    jazzerle wrote: »
    Careless comments....I have been working out faithfully for a few months and eating better. I haven't lost much weight but my clothes feel better and people that I know have noticed and have been supportive. Yesterday I was getting ready for a strength training class when a woman I had never seen before asked me when my baby was due. She might as well have hit me over the head with a brick --- I am NOT pregnant and that comment has totally un-motivated me, I feel like "what's the use!!??" I'm not going to give up but it's hard for me to get excited about it...

Ouch! People sometimes are so oblivious about the power of their words. I put myself in your shoes, (and I can because my middle is large enough to look like I'm in eternal fifth month.) the old me would allow those words to derail me. Now? I think now these words may fire me up to get rid of the middle. I would tell myself that this is a temporary state of my body and my choices will create the body which will reflect new me. But like all else, all this is easier said than done.
  • Chayacandoit
    Options
    Jazzerle,
    Per yourself on the back for the work you've done. Clothes fitting better is an amazing achievement.
  • Chayacandoit
    Options

Ye! What's up with that? We deserve to be sabotaged by our loved ones?
  • kristineestoque9
    kristineestoque9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love spending time with my family and they JUST LOVE TO EAT. It's hard to control yourself especially since you've been so well.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Stress and an honest to goodness LOVE of food.
  • Chayacandoit
    Options

Ye! What's up with that? We deserve to be sabotaged by our loved ones?

• Chayacandoit
    Options
    Stress and an honest to goodness LOVE of food.

Yes!