Not weight related but I just need to rant!

Options
Ok so theres this girl that I talk to who was telling me just the other day how broke she is and has some many bills etc to pay and didn't know how she was going to manage as her hubby is struggling too. She is having 3 foreign holidays this year!

Anyway she's just been telling me how she hasn't cooked all weekend as she went out every evening for a meal!

This makes me so mad!

Also a friend of mine who only lives 20 miles away says she could can't come and see me because she can't afford the petrol but then yesterday updates her status on Facebook to say she has just driven halfway across the country!!

Replies

• dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Surpried you still her a friend.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    if i were u id remove both these ppl from ur life asap
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Friend #1: Typical. Some people just can't help themselves and complain all the time about their money situation which is in fact a fairly reasonable situation. I wouldn't even think about it anymore. Next time she complains if you really want to get into it you could say "I feel for you, maybe you want to cancel one of those vacations to save up some"

Friend #2: I would just ignore that. Too many variables you don;t know - maybe it wasn't her car, maybe someone else paid for the fuel. etc...
  • Scentlessapprentice
    Scentlessapprentice Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    People like this annoy me. There is a vast difference in having no money because you are saving it all /spending it on holidays to having no money because you are in a poorly paid job and can barely find enough cash to pay your bills!
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    ive been there done that with a friend...it starts to eat you up after a certain time...you dont need people like that in your life...just negativity in your day to day life....stay away and concerntraye on you!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback. You are all so right they are not really friends at all. I guess I know not to put myself out for them xx
  • tinaleem
    tinaleem Posts: 2
    Options
    This is excellent advice:
    Friend #1: Typical. Some people just can't help themselves and complain all the time about their money situation which is in fact a fairly reasonable situation. I wouldn't even think about it anymore. Next time she complains if you really want to get into it you could say "I feel for you, maybe you want to cancel one of those vacations to save up some"

Friend #2: I would just ignore that. Too many variables you don;t know - maybe it wasn't her car, maybe someone else paid for the fuel. etc...

Other than that - go for a walk, pound the pavement a little and get fresh air - it always helps me to relieve frustration. xxx
  • ronniesgirl1982
    Options
    This is excellent advice:

Other than that - go for a walk, pound the pavement a little and get fresh air - it always helps me to relieve frustration. xxx

Thats exactley what I'm going to do. I'm waiting for a phonecall right now though so can't leave just yet. xx