Bloating

Options
rlw0031
rlw0031 Posts: 88 Member
Hello I just wondered if anybody suffers from constant bloating like I do. I am taking align but do not feel a difference. I feel bloated after eating anything. Yesterday I ate yogurt for breakfast. Today half a banana with sunbather. It just doesn't seem to matter and i am feeling uncomfortable and it looks awful. Has anybody been through this and is there any hope because it seems that nobody as an answer. Finding the cause seems like finding a needle in a haystack.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Seek medical help.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I usually look 6mths pregnant after dinner, no matter what I eat!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I used to be quite blosted, with that pregnant look, when I was living as an untreated celiac. Food intolerances can do that sometimes. Seeing a doctor about it isn't a bad idea.
  • rlw0031
    Options
    I have been tested for celiac twice and both times results have been negative. I went to a gastro dr. a month ago and he advised me to take align which I have with no change. It is the most frustrating thing.
  • rlw0031
    Options

Me too!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm bloated most of the time :( I eat high sodium, high volume, high fiber, low fat...I'm sure it's the combination of all of these things but it's hard for me to break.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    rlw0031 wrote: »

Me too!

Do you go back to normal by the morning? My stomach is pretty flat normally, so it's really obvious for me.

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hello I just wondered if anybody suffers from constant bloating like I do. I am taking align but do not feel a difference. I feel bloated after eating anything. Yesterday I ate yogurt for breakfast. Today half a banana with sunbather. It just doesn't seem to matter and i am feeling uncomfortable and it looks awful. Has anybody been through this and is there any hope because it seems that nobody as an answer. Finding the cause seems like finding a needle in a haystack.
    Half a banana with a sunbather? I know you didn't eat a sunbather (though that would likely cause bloating, lol) but cannot figure out what you meant to type there.

If all food makes you uncomfortable, a visit to the doctor is definitely in order!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have been tested for celiac twice and both times results have been negative. I went to a gastro dr. a month ago and he advised me to take align which I have with no change. It is the most frustrating thing.

Sometimes an elimination diet, like FODMAPS can give results for issues like bloating. Since it happens after you eat it would make sense that it is caused by a problem food for you.

A food and symptom journal may help you track down the problem, whether it is a gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, soy or corn or whatever type of intolerance.

After going GF and dairy free I was still having issues. It took me a while with a food journal to figure out that raw apples and pears cause me pain - no idea why. That's not to say the foods I listed are a problem for you but the journal will help you see trends that you might otherwise miss; especially considering food sensitivity symptoms can show up within minutes or up to 3 days afterwards.

Good luck.
  • chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs? Your body stores water when you eat carbs, also if you eat a lot of meat it could not be digesting properly.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. I've been posting a lot about this lately. I thought maybe it was too much fiber and not enough water or maybe dairy.

I am at my best in the morning and fully bloated in the evening wanting to put on stretchy pants.

My mom had lots of issues until she found out she has no tolerance for corn soy or any dairy except goat cheese. She's been told by her doctors that it takes 4 days for something to be completely rid from your system. So something you ate today could adversely catch up with you or haunt you for a few days.

I don't have the answers because I'm searching for them myself. I'm going to do some fodmap research and increase my water intake for the time being.

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking a digestive enzyme? Or some quality probiotics (the kind that need to be refridgerated)? I used to have terrible problems with bloating, gas, and alternating diarreha/constipation after eating pretty much anything (and I ate a balanced, healthy diet!), and after starting to take daily probiotic and digestive enzyme suppluments, my problems have totally cleared up. Increasing my consumption of yogurt, kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, and other fermented foods has helped as well.
  • rwhyte12
    rwhyte12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to consult a doctor. It could be a symptom of something such as gall bladder issues or liver issues or even kidney issues. Or nothing at all.
    You can also try unsweetened cranberry juice with two parts orange juice with water mixed together to see if this works to remove the bloating. Also adding olive oil to your diet could also make a difference.
  • longandpink
    longandpink Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i had a problem with bloating for years, found out i was intolerant to wheat and gluten and lactose.... see if cutting some of that out helps.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I agree with those who said to see a doctor. I struggle with this too. Sometimes it was really obvious what caused it, like I ate a bunch of salty stuff. By occasionally I get this for like no reason. I had allergy testing done for some sinus issues I was having and they also decided to test me for common food allergies. Turns out, I'm sensitive to a bunch of foods. I'm good with gluten but I have issues with wheat, rye, soy, peanuts, almonds, and oranges. It's not a full blown allergy, just a sensitivity which usually results as intense bloating after eating any of these things.

My sister struggles with this much more than I do and she went to a nutritionist in our area who basically only let her eat like 10 foods for a week and then gradually started adding things back so they could see what foods she has issues with. It was like everything. No wonder she is so skinny. lol