Calorie Intake suddenly changed???

Options
So my normal daily calorie intake is 1780. I just got finished logging some cardio and part of my food for the day and it is suddenly showing in my Food Diary that my calorie goal is 2119???? What happened?

Replies

• Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    has it added on your exercise calories, to give you what you have burnt off.
  • almonds1
    almonds1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    the more you burn the more you can eat : )
  • MarineGurl020412
    Options
    I can barely eat what I already have though! Yes there are days that I go over but more frequently I am just making it within 100 calories of my suggested intake.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Tereztaylor07 Posts: 200
    Options
    I have been using this program a couple of months now. I don't eat those extra calories from exercise. I always thought the idea of exercise was to burn off some food, not so you could eat more. But that's just me.
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you need to eat your excersize back....your body needs it!!:smile:
  • Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    MFP already give you a deficit without exercise, so by doing exercise you are making the calorie deficit more, which may be too much and you could go into starvation mode. so your better off eating the exercise calories back.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yes, there is a such thing as starvation mode, but your calorie allowance is higher than a lot of us. You say sometimes you go over a bit, so I would not worry about eating all of them back today if you are full. You need to make sure that you don't go under 1200 calories net each day.