Hi all, newbie here

Options
:smile:

Hi everyone,
i came across this site on another I was having a look around. It mentioned how this one can help you track your goals, and that sounds good to me!
I'm from the UK, and i've been up and down in my weight for the last 8 years or so.. but these last few years nothing, is shifting.
I put my aim to lose around 1 1/2 lb each week. With around 3 work outs for 30mins. I hope that is a good start. I did love going to a gym once over but things just died out eventually and I became an emotional eater.
Shopping tomorrow, to get lots of lovely fresh foods!

How is everyone finding the site? Do you use the food/fitness tracker to help you manage your goals?

Replies

• cdenham001
    cdenham001 Posts: 83
    Options
    The tracking system on here is excellent. I have lost 5 pounds in one week. I really don't exercise much but I just picked up on a little motivation in here in the community Tab. I have joined a group that is helping everyone lose inches. For this week we're doing 210 squats and at the end of the week we will measure again and see how many inches we've lost. There is so much on this site, I'm new myself, and I find different things every week. Good Luck in everything. And if you need some more friends, please add me. I'm sending a friend request to you.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to mfp! I've been using this site for over 80 days and have lost just over 6 kg, not a huge loss but I'm exercising more regulary than I have ever before in my life and I can feel that I'm getting fitter. It's certainly been the answer to my dilemma of controlling my sometimes out of control eating. Feel free to add me if you'd like support and encouragement.
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome,

I've been using this site for several months now and find its brilliant really great at focusing you on what you need to do. I think its important to find what works for you to achieve the weight loss though, try different things untill you find what works and even then you may have to change again as weight slowly comes off. It is a real lifestyle change for me ad so far seems to be working great. i have just realised from my ticker i'm halfway to my goal woohoo!!

[img][/img]
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP. i have been on the site for a few months, i'm trying to lose 45 pounds. I'm from Rochdale so if u need someone close by for suppirt, feel free to add me. This is a wonderful site with a lot of good people for support.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Yes this is a fantastic site! Not only does it help you with your weight loss or maintenance you have a support group of other people who really care. That is half the battle. Welcome and good luck!!! Feel free to friend me:)
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all your welcomes!! I've just been having a little look around. Have to say this is one of the nicest sites I've been on. I'm a little lost at the moment, so much to look at I think! I'm interested in the squat challenge, that's probably one of my favourite excersises, as my legs, butt and hips are the places that hold most of my weight.
    Thanks again for all the welcomes!!! :happy:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi there

Yes it's a good site that seems easy to use. Everyone is really friendly & supportive, regardless of age, location etc.. Add some people as friends to chat to & support each other (me if you like!) I too am from UK, though most of my 'buddies' are on a different time to me LOL

You've made a great start, keep at it & well done so far :smile:

Di
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Thanks, i'll be adding support is greatly welcome. I think that's the best part of motivation knowing others are going through the same things, and being able to share tips :happy:
  • 2nyce
    2nyce Posts: 37
    Options
    Ive felt like the site has been really helpful in helping me keep track of what i eat and balancing it with exercise. I think I found the app first then begin using the website. It helps motivates me to see other folks working on exercise and eating habits too.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    i was googling calories lost from jogging and this popped up! so happy it did been here 15 days and down 7! great that its counts for you! good luck!
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    I love the tools on here and everyone seems really friendly not like some other sites i've tried recently
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Hey, where do I find this squat challenge in the Community tab? :smile: