30 Dat Shred....queries

Options
Hi guys,

I just received my dvd in the post now and I am excited to try it out when I get home. I am currently also doing the C25K so I am only doing the 30DS on my days off from CT2K.

Can someone tell me what way it work? How long do the sessions last for? I know there are 20 minute classes and all differect levels...

Can a 30DS pro please advise :)

Replies

• wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    it's 3 levels. you start on level one and do that til you no longer find it challenging. then move on to level 2 then level 3. each workout is 20 minutes. i don't do it every day either, maybe 3 days a week instead of going to the gym then gym the other days. it's good for muscles but not so good for cardio even though there is a cardio element in it. i really like it and you see results pretty fast
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i have done 30DS a couple times. the first time it helped me lose 12 pounds (i'm a slow loser, as i tend to knock back a few drinks...) I did it exclusively, so adding other workouts would help you lose faster, probably. It's 3 levels and you are to do level one until you feel comfortable to move to level 2 and so on. Usually, since it is '30 day' shred, you would do 10 days of each level. here's where it gets tricky for me...youshould not work the same muscle group on consecutive days, so in theory, it's an every other day workout. however, being such a short workout, i was often tempted (and did) to do it every day. so that is the blurry line for me. maybe someone else has an answer for that?
    I just started C25K two weeks ago, and am about to add 30 day shred (again) to my days off as well. I had great results with the shred, so i think it's a great supplemental workout.
    good luck...sorry, i'm no 'pro' and this is the best i can do for help...
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Each level broken down into 3 circuits each consisting of 3 minutes strength, 2 mins cardio and one minute abs. Its hard to begin with - be prepared to ache tomorrow! But it is do able. I have loads of dvds, but its this one that I keep coming back to, it my old faithful lol. Once you complete the 3 levels its fu to mix and maatch them, doing 2levels back to back is an awesome workout
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    In the week I do my 30ds in the morning first thing as its only 20 mins. Then I do 40 mins min cardio in the evening. But weekends I tend to run in the morning - so I do 30ds later in the day. It is only 20 mins - but its quite a workout and it builds up every day.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    i have done 30DS a couple times. the first time it helped me lose 12 pounds (i'm a slow loser, as i tend to knock back a few drinks...) I did it exclusively, so adding other workouts would help you lose faster, probably. It's 3 levels and you are to do level one until you feel comfortable to move to level 2 and so on. Usually, since it is '30 day' shred, you would do 10 days of each level. here's where it gets tricky for me...youshould not work the same muscle group on consecutive days, so in theory, it's an every other day workout. however, being such a short workout, i was often tempted (and did) to do it every day. so that is the blurry line for me. maybe someone else has an answer for that?
    I just started C25K two weeks ago, and am about to add 30 day shred (again) to my days off as well. I had great results with the shred, so i think it's a great supplemental workout.
    good luck...sorry, i'm no 'pro' and this is the best i can do for help...

I did it everyday for 30 days the first time around and didn't have any problems other than the inevitable aches for the first 4 days.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    thanks guys,,, ur advise is great. I cannot beleive it is only 20mins, will be so easy to do in the moring before work...

Really looking forward to it, just hope it doesnt jepordise my C25K if I am too sore after it...

I am looking to tone up and loose on my legs, the dieting alone and C25K doesnt seem to be doing it, would you say 30DS would help me with loosing and toning on my legs?
  • diembroadhurst
    Options
    the problem with any work out dvd is its designed for an all over tone - not specific to your legs. My personal advice would be to add in weight training targeting your legs - it wouldn't do your running any harm either as it will strengthen them to make you faster. 30DS is ideal if you want to tone up generally rather than specific body parts.