Anyone have hormonal weigh fluctuations

Options
Just wondering if anyone else is like me. Every month I will lose big before TOM, then when it arrives I gain like 4 to 5 pounds and it takes me a week to get that off. Then i finally lose a little and then gain and then lose. It is do frustrating, It just started the last four months a clocklike pattern. My labs check out fine other than low sodium levels. I eat low sodium I do spin 3 days a week, and workout about 5 days a week with a variety in my workout. This all started when I hit about 80 pounds lost and it is driving me nuts. Any suggestions?

Replies

• diembroadhurst
    Options
    are you drinking enough water?

normally around her visit you retain water which is the weight gain you are experiencing - but if you drink lots of water as part of your normal daily stratedgy then you should be able to keep water regulated better. I don't just mean 6-8 glasses of water either - perhaps double that with the amount of exercise you are doing.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have that same problem. i gain 3-4 during and then it goes away. try to avoid the scale during TOM!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have that same problem. i gain 3-4 during and then it goes away. try to avoid the scale during TOM!

Ditto.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    No suggestions, but I wanted to say I'm the same. If I get on the scale just before TOM arrives I weight as much as 2lbs less than the day before, and I know its not a real loss because once I loose the water weight that I then gain over the next few days I go back to the day before TOM weight, not the lower one. very frustrating, especially when TOM is early so I'm not expecting it so I think the loss is real. :o(
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I only drink water usually ten glasses or so. Not sure I can drink more than that but I could try for 12. I just hate it takes so long for it to come back off a whole week to get back to where I was before tom