What Are You Most Excited For, When You Reach Your Goal?

Options

Replies

• ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just can't wait to be able to walk into any store and look at their clothing selection. There are so few places that actually have cute looking plus size clothing. And because I do still like to wear nice clothing, I do almost all of my shopping at Torrid which gets to be SO expensive. I went to the mall with my friends the other day, and I was just SHOCKED at some of the prices on clothing. We were in Aeropostale, and they had some tank tops for like $1.99 and a bunch of shirts for like $10-15. Most of my shirts run me about $40 on the low end, and jeans are like $60+. Once I get into normal sizes I could wear designer brands for some of the prices I'm used to paying.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to investing in wardrobe staples;

shopping the clearance racks that always seem to be full of the smaller sizes;

shoe shopping (by then I'll know whether my feet shrank down any sizes or not, they haven't shrank yet, but feet shrinking seems to be such a common occurrence that I've refrained from any serious shoe shopping)

In short: shopping.
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Sales on clothes because all the size 11/12 and X-Larges always be gone. lol
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im looking forward to recomp (long ways to go! )
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Just being able to enjoy clothes shopping I think!

I'm also REALLY looking forward to visiting my grandparents in England. They saw me just before I started eating better, it will be a year before I can see them again and I hope to be at my goal! I have images of them not recognizing me at the airport lol.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    If I see someone with a camera focused in my general direction, I freak out and run. Well not run, I quickly saunter away.

Make sure you log that as exercise! :)

Ha ha, I definitely will! That reminds me, I can't wait until I can run, and this pain goes away!

• Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be taken seriously by people that might not have done so when I was at a higher weight. And maybe I'll also be more likely to speak my mind. Better start practicing now I guess.
  • Kimegatron
    Options
    Mgtei wrote: »
    I'm excited to be taken seriously by people that might not have done so when I was at a higher weight. And maybe I'll also be more likely to speak my mind. Better start practicing now I guess.

Why wouldn't anyone take you seriously, because of your weight? I have never experienced that, so I didn't know that was a thing?

• Mgtei
    Mgtei Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Why wouldn't anyone take you seriously, because of your weight? I have never experienced that, so I didn't know that was a thing?

@Kimegatron I've been very heavy for most of my adult life, above 300 lbs. for some of it, and unfortunately have had a handful of run-ins with rocks-for-brains, or just people who lacked tact. I was on the subway minding my own business with a book when a woman sat next to me and started loudly lecturing me about how much sugar was in my diet and two or three books on the subject I needed to read (she wasn't even selling them, just felt like I needed to know about it right then I guess, in front of the entire train car). A former boss would not shut up about her own, noble attempts at weight loss and how her fatter sister had no control over food but of course I "understood her (boss' sister) side," all on my first day of work. This kind of thing.

Sorry for the wall of text. Basically there's been times where I've been called out, rather rudely, for being obese by rude people, and I'd prefer not to hear those things told to me like I'm new. I know people with healthy BMIs have to deal with rudeness, too, and rude people will always find something to be rude about, but I hate people looking at me, assuming they've got my number because I'm obese, and going in for the kill. When really I'd be just as upset if they told me my outfit was uninspired, or that I couldn't kern type for beans.
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I look forward to being able to participate in everything my son wants to do as he grows. Right now he's learning to walk, but soon he'll want to swim and climb and run and throw a ball and ride a horse and roller skate... I never want to say "Mommy's too tired, you go ahead". I want HIM to grow up saying "Slow down, mommy!"

I have a wardrobe full of cheap jeans, t-shirts, and whatever's on sale at Walmart. I can't wait to buy more expensive and nice clothes with the confidence that I'll be at the same size for awhile.
  • bakerkate221
    bakerkate221 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I climb at a rock gym several times a week. Wearing a harness when you're overweight and pear shaped is... less than flattering. I'm looking forward to being less squishy and blobby in my harness. =)
  • Kimegatron
    Options

@Kimegatron I've been very heavy for most of my adult life, above 300 lbs. for some of it, and unfortunately have had a handful of run-ins with rocks-for-brains, or just people who lacked tact. I was on the subway minding my own business with a book when a woman sat next to me and started loudly lecturing me about how much sugar was in my diet and two or three books on the subject I needed to read (she wasn't even selling them, just felt like I needed to know about it right then I guess, in front of the entire train car). A former boss would not shut up about her own, noble attempts at weight loss and how her fatter sister had no control over food but of course I "understood her (boss' sister) side," all on my first day of work. This kind of thing.

Sorry for the wall of text. Basically there's been times where I've been called out, rather rudely, for being obese by rude people, and I'd prefer not to hear those things told to me like I'm new. I know people with healthy BMIs have to deal with rudeness, too, and rude people will always find something to be rude about, but I hate people looking at me, assuming they've got my number because I'm obese, and going in for the kill. When really I'd be just as upset if they told me my outfit was uninspired, or that I couldn't kern type for beans.

Wow, that is so bogue! I hope that you said something to that little old lady with the big mouth! I have a bit of a temper, especially when someone publicly shames someone like that, and I DO consider that shaming. I feel for you, and that isn't right! How embarrassing. I get that sometimes, when people will say "You're so pretty, why do you have all of that metal in your face?!" Or, "You would be so much prettier without that stuff in your face." So I just turn the tables on them and retort with something similar about them. I have a big mouth though. Don't let that bother you, just tell them, or yourself, that they have very VERY sad lives.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I look forward to being able to eat a well-balanced diet without having to weigh food and record it, but there really isn't much else I think will change.

I tried running when I was fatter and my knees hurt. I'm kinda hoping that in another ten or twenty pounds, I can run. If I can't, I can't. No huge loss. Running is just faster. :)
    If I see someone with a camera focused in my general direction, I freak out and run. Well not run, I quickly saunter away.

Make sure you log that as exercise! :)
    Lol. Agreed.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Buppybup
    Buppybup Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to feel and look better for my baby's first birthday party! I want to look back on the pictures with fondness instead of cringing.
  • caconnor1
    caconnor1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am excited to wear cuter clothes!! Like little shorts and more heels :)
  • kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    im looking forward to recomp (long ways to go! )

This is my next goal too :) I'm looking forward to starting some heavy lifting (and a little nervous about it, if I'm honest) once I get to maintenance. I really want to see just how fit I can get!
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am going wedding dress shopping on August 14. I want it to be dreamy and carefree, not punctuated by how I'm trying to pretend I don't feel like a flabmonster in a pretty dress.
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fitting back into my cute clothes! I love my pencil skirts and sheath dresses - I want them to zip again!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not looking like a tomato on stilts!! I am short but have decent sized legs - I carry my weight on top :/