COUCH TO 5K

Options
emma2309
emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
I'm starting week 1 of c25k next week, would anybody like to join me?
It's going to be pretty tough for me because I've spent the past year on crutches and have only learnt how to walk again in the past few weeks, went for my first jog today and only lasted 13mins...I'm hoping I'll succeed in the c25k programme!
JOIN ME :)

xoxo

Emma.

Replies

• kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    oh wow... i joined a running club starts next week, goal to see a 5k this year... haven't since 2004.... That's a great goal & rehabing :) that injury :) Best wishes to you!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It seems like I have been on Week 1 for 2 weeks now, I am getting shin splints so bad I have to stop along with some knee pain. I am going to attempt it again possibly tonight if it doesn't storm.
  • ahmadsonia
    ahmadsonia Posts: 3
    Options
    i would love to follow you at least virtually :)
  • emma2309
    Options
    Great :) We'll post our progress here every week so or after every run :) I think I'll run on tuesday, thursday and saturdays....that might change though :)
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    i did day 1 yesterday. I feel ok coz i do some classes at the gym. I'll join you. I'm on Mon, wed and fri. You can add me as well if you like.
  • emma2309
    Options
    Great the more people the better :) I really am starting from the couch though hehe!
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Yep I'd love to join you. I'm starting this week back again myself !!

I had started it but had to let it go but I'm looking to start it back up again. YAY!

Count me in?
  • emma2309
    Options
    Welcome on board! x
  • noradoyle
    noradoyle Posts: 6
    Options
    i started it last week im on 2 week 2 now, its tough 4 me aswel cos i dnt run n ave never liked running!! we can all give each other the suport we need ta keep at it!
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Im in...not sure how well i'll do but im gonna try my best !! :)
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Love too!!

Restarting myself....
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468
    Options
    I'm on day 2 week 2 today :) I'll be here for support
    and stuff unless you want only just starting people:)
  • emma2309
    Options
    Everybody is welcome-even if you've already started :) x
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am going to start this next week. I would love to have some extra support as I have tried running before and it didn't workout. But I am determined to do it this time because I have signed up for a 5K that I will be doing in August.
  • emma2309
    Options
    Anyone else try your first run? How did you get on?

I'm trying again tomorrow, lasted 13mins the first time, going to push myself to the 20mins tomorrow!
  • emma2309
    Options
    How is week 2 going?
    I managed to do all 20mins of week 1 today but had to stop for about 3mins at the half way mark.....Might do week 1 again next week!Still have one more to do though on saturday :)
  • tpycha126
    Options
    How is week 2 going?
    I managed to do all 20mins of week 1 today but had to stop for about 3mins at the half way mark.....Might do week 1 again next week!Still have one more to do though on saturday :)

WOW! That is an awesome job! Way to go and way to keep at it!
  • emma2309
    Options
    Thanks!How are you doing?x
  • tpycha126
    Options
    My first days is actually going to be on Tuesday. I am finishing up the last week of my Turbo Fire program. Then I will be combining the c25k with Chalean Extreme and throwing Turbo Fire in somedays.
    I'm a little nervous about starting the c25k cuz I've never been a good runner, but I figured I needed a new goal to reach since I am so close to my goal weight.