Replies

• morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Any HRM made by Polar.
  • http://www.amazon.com/Timex-T5G971-Unisex-Personal-Monitor/dp/B000P8VWQS[

Y have the Timex works great!

Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch
    by Timex
    3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (462 customer reviews)
    462 Reviews
    5 star: (198)
    4 star: (143)
    3 star: (30)
    2 star: (30)
    1 star: (61)

› See all 462 customer reviews...

| Like 1306837950 false -1 64 64 63 (64)
    List Price: $69.95
    Price: $38.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Anything Polar.. I have an FT7 and absolutely love it!

I also disagree with the previous poster on the TImex.. I bought that one and wound up returning it because the calorie count was way to high.. It doesn't let you input anything but your weight... and thats not anymore accurate then your average treadmill!
  • therealmikethompson
    therealmikethompson Posts: 2 Member
    I got a MIO "Energy Pro" which I like because it does continuous monitoring with the chest strap and also works "on demand" without. If you're not wearing the chest strap, you just touch the metal rim around the watch face.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    I didn't have good luck with the two timex's that I bought, I couldn't figure out how to put my weight, height etc in it. I love my Polar FT7 that I bought at the recommendation of this site, and love it more than I could imagine. I am doing the Relay for Life next week and can't wait to see how many calories I burn along the way..
  • ksr5000
    ksr5000 Posts: 19
    I also bought the polar ft7 at the recommendation of this site and a so happy with my purchase. It is amazingly easy to use, comfortable to wear, and from what I've heard extremely accurate. It is definitely on the pricier side but after some research I was able to get a very great price for a brand new one on ebay. I would recommend finding the price range you are comfortable with and doing a lot of research and you will be able to find good prices.
  • Zybs
    Zybs Posts: 2
    Last week I purchased the Polar FT4, once you get the hang of it is was pretty easy. It was recommended by a friend who teaches in a local athletic club. So far I like it! It was user friendly and comfortable to wear. I like being able to monitor my heart rate and calories burned. Give it a try! You have nothing to lose (but weight) LOL!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    I also have a Polar FT7. It rocks!