I'm back and looking for motivation! 50 to lose!!

Options

Replies

• afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm currently trying to lose 50 and recently restarted. I've always tried to do this mostly solo but maybe I need accept that there's safety in numbers. Besides...everything's better with friends beside you. Hope its ok to join in and add y'all.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have 58 lbs to go. Never used MFP before, but going to give it a whirl.
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • chantallynn85
    chantallynn85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also trying to get back into the groove of things. Was very successful before but gained 40lbs when I stopped MFP. Looking for motivated friends! Feel free to add me :)
  • dewifit
    dewifit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am right there help!?!?
  • livemydream67
    livemydream67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm back too and need to lose 50 plus! Feel free to add me!
  • marbethr
    marbethr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off MFP several times and have over 50 pounds to lose. My goal is 10 pounds at a time so it doesn't seem do daunting. We can do this!
  • mommyscandoit2
    mommyscandoit2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun! I hear ya on the 50. I'm 5'6" so I should probably weight less than 160 but I'd be happy at 160!!!

• mommyscandoit2
    Options
    I'm 5'6 as well said that I I wanted to get down to 165 I'm naturally a thick woman so I'll be quite comfortable at that size but need to lose a little more than 50 and we ALL can do it!! Let's help one another stay motivated!
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 as well said that I I wanted to get down to 165 I'm naturally a thick woman so I'll be quite comfortable at that size but need to lose a little more than 50 and we ALL can do it!! Let's help one another stay motivated!

I'm naturally thicker too! I actually like the way I look with some meat on my bones. 170 would be great...but I'd love the 160s too :smile:

It's nice to have so many others with the same goals. We can all keep each other on track!
  • mommyscandoit2
    Options
    Totally agree and I love some meat on the bones as well ;) lol we can do this!!
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it'll help you, but I keep imagining my washboard abs I will some day have. Man I look good (even if its only in my head, lol). We can do this!
  • wisediva
    wisediva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. I've had this app for a long time, but I've never really used it. I would like to lose 40 lbs, but the charts say 55lbs (smile). I started preparing my food for the day including snacks to see if that will work, so far so good. I made my eating schedule for 9, 12, 3, 6 and 8pm. As I said, I need some motivation, so feel free to add me as a friend and I'll try to motivate you as well.
  • jkenglish61
    jkenglish61 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'll be on your team. I would like to lose 50 more lbs. I've been working out and watching my food for about 2 1/2 months. Only lost 10 lbs. So i just joined a boxing training gym. I LOVE it. Approximately 500 kals in 30 min.
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    wisediva wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new here. I've had this app for a long time, but I've never really used it. I would like to lose 40 lbs, but the charts say 55lbs (smile). I started preparing my food for the day including snacks to see if that will work, so far so good. I made my eating schedule for 9, 12, 3, 6 and 8pm. As I said, I need some motivation, so feel free to add me as a friend and I'll try to motivate you as well.

I'm doing something similar. Looking to lose 40lbs and trying to eat at 2-3 hour intervals so I don't end up feeling hungry and eat a ton when I do get my hands on some food. One day down, so far so good!
  • MIAx45
    MIAx45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!
    Goal is to lose 68lbs
    Let's Rock
  • jancasey
    jancasey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 76 and need to lose 60 lbs. too. I've been losing slowly (real slow) for 4 years but am more motivated lately. Hope support will keep on the right track. :)
  • HSam1121
    HSam1121 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I have similar goals to most people I think, but I have closer to 80 lbs to go. I had success with this a few years ago, but I'm ready to make a big and permanent change. I've sent a few requests, but I would love some active and supportive friends, so anyone can feel free to add me! :)
  • HSam1121
    HSam1121 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    RedGem13 wrote: »
    Hi ladies I also been off n on mfp but hoping to stick to it more now so I'm trying to find friends on here to keep me motivated ...... Trying to lose near 100 pounds :/

I'm in the same boat the whole way around! I think it seems less scary to when you have people to talk to that are going through the same thing. We got this!
  • weightlosssweetspot
    weightlosssweetspot Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too! Just started back on MFP after not really using it for a while and it shows! Hoping with some steely determination I can fit back into some nice clothes that haven't seen the light of day for a bit. Fingers crossed!