Journey to loose 100lb +

Options
Amaris86uk
Amaris86uk Posts: 3 Member
I had the biggest shock of my life when ivstood on the scales and realised I was nearly 300lbs. I knew I was gaining weight, my trousers were getting tighter and tighter and before you know it, your off to the shops to get another pair that's one size bigger. But it wasn't until I looked at the scales, then had a good look in the mirror that I realised 'enough is enough'! So now I'm on my way to loosing over 100lbs. I'd love some company, inspiration, tips and tricks and ideas along the way!

Replies

• chantallynn85
    chantallynn85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I've lost 120lbs over 2 years and then reason I am back is I gained 40lbs after 3 months of maintenance and leaving MFP. Good luck on your journey :)
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    likewise if you want you can add me. Dropped 100+ in 2013 and had a fall off the wagon and put around half back on. Back on it again now, and am UK based.
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can all add me as well. I'm on my journey to lose 100+ also. I would love more friends. Good luck on you journey!
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Take it 5 lbs at a time, and one day at a time, and you'll get there! I'm in maintenance and log every day, and weigh every day. It's going to have to be that way forever, just like putting on clothes or showering for me. We can't fix what we don't know is broken.
  • jodieddieo
    jodieddieo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to be added as well! Last summer I lost 30 lbs logging and walking 3 miles 4x's a week. I feel off the wagon in the fall when my husband and I were going through a rough patch, started back up walking in January but was not logging my food. I felt a lot better but did not lose any more weight. Then in April I herniated a disc in my back and was given 2 epidural steroid injections and have been laid up since...and put on 20 lbs. I can't continue this way, I'm now the heaviest I've ever been in my life and hate the way I look.
    So - here I am! I'm going to use MFP to log and track my exercise and not give up! I need to lose 100+ as well and would love some motivation and help from people doing the same!
  • Radory
    Radory Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 12 weeks into my journey to loose 100+ pounds and have lost 32 pounds so far. We've got this!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It has taken me two years to lose 135 lbs, while taking care of 4 kiddos and going to school full time, so I have been through most of the ups and downs associated with this "journey to healthy". I agree with the poster above me - break it up into little "mini-goals", about every 10-20 lbs. Another idea is to increase your water intake. Like, by a lot. Half of your body weigh in ounces a day. A little Crystal Light can help with flavor. Also, a good digital kitchen scale may be a wise investment. I know that some days my cups and tablespoons can be a bit hefty, but a scale will tell you spot on. And of course, you've got to "move it move it!" :smiley:
  • dewifit
    dewifit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • dillianavramov
    dillianavramov Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Count me in too.

I started my journey at 253 pounds, aiming for 170. So my goal is to lose 85 pounds. I kicked off my weight loss with a diet and lost 25 pounds. I wasn't working out and at one point got disheartened because I wasn't seeing progress fast enough. Two weeks after I started dieting I gave in to my cravings, so 10 pounds came back.

Then I found MFP on Google Play. Started MFP 15 days ago at 230 pounds. I altered my goals a bit - I aim for losing 2 pounds a week, and I also changed my macro goals - 40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat.
    The 1300 calories a day are sufficient, most of the time. So far I've lost 11 pounds with MFP and cardio. Speaking of cardio...

Tip #1: Complement MFP with some form of physical activity. Going to the gym can be daunting, because of lack of self-esteem and the fear of being judged. So I got a stationary bike and I do cardio 5 times a week for 30-45 minutes. I complement this with a 5K brisk walk in the nearby park 3 times a week. Whatever makes you burn calories is good. 3 times a week doing pushups (Still at Phase 1: Countertop push ups, 5 sets, 20 reps each)

Tip #2: Get rid of all cookies, chips, soda and other food, that pack lots of sugar and/or salt, which is most of processed food anyways. Why: when you get the cravings (not if, cause it will happen) you're making sure not to stuff yourself with a sleeve of OREO's, or a bag of chips, because you just don't have any :).

Tip #3: Drink a lot of water. Two 8oz cups of water before each meal makes damn sure you can't put as much food in you as you would otherwise.

Stock on low fat protein sources - canned tuna, skinless chicken breast or turkey (steamed or grilled), cottage cheese, egg whites; lots of veggies - baby spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, celery, radishes; fruits - blueberries (fresh or frozen), strawberries, grapefruits, watermelon, apples; Oatmeal with cinnamon, some berries and almonds or walnuts (just a few, these pack a lot of fat) makes a great breakfast.

Tip #4: Get a kitchen scale, if you don't have one already - this is a must have to make sure you don't overeat, the eyeball is not a good way to measure your portions, especially when you're hungry.

We so go this! The point is you got it into your mind to change, to lose weight. Your goal is your greatest inspiration. I know it keeps me from giving in while my wife is making cakes, chocolate chips and other treats for my daughter's birthday. Good luck!

• xsunshine02x
    xsunshine02x Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm trying to lose 100, and so far have lost 58.8 since February.
  • ccassityii
    ccassityii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can add me, I just restarted I've lost 5 lbs, 142 lbs or so more to go