Is anyone doing the insanity workouts?

Options
Hey just looking for friends trying to lose weight with insanity. If your motivated and as serious as i am please request me! I need some help staying focused and positive thanks!

Replies

• Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I tried it just over a year ago and lost about 15lbs in like 3 weeks. Then I got horrible plantar fasciitis and heel spurs in both feet. It was way too much high impact for me, in fact, I hear that many people develop injuries. I have high arches and a bit of weight to carry, plus when I was pregnant, that probably exacerbated my stupid feet. The high impact was just the cherry on top. Almost a year later and I can still barely walk when I first stand up from sitting or laying down.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Nah, the name alone turns me off.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I completed a round of Insanity and am now in Beta of T25. It is brutal on the body, particularly if you are overweight, my knees are still unhappy so I do mostly the modifier in T25.

BUT, working out isn't what makes you lose weight, eating at a caloric deficit does. So make sure you're logging accurately too. My body has transformed though in ways it wouldn't have had I not been working out alongside losing weight.
  • InsaneFitness94
    InsaneFitness94 Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hey :)
    I just did the fit test today and it was hard!
    Gosh I felt so tired right after and nearly puked! My hands are still slightly shaky, haha.

Anyway, it would be fab if we could support one another on our fitness journey.

Good luck!
    Xoxo
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    No, I squat a lot and push things over my head until my should hurts. I also pull things at different angles, do some dips and then usually do 13-20 mins of HIIT.

It's working fantastically I must say.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity! love shaun T!!!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Nah, the name alone turns me off.

Hahahaha, yep, same here.
    BUT, working out isn't what makes you lose weight, eating at a caloric deficit does. So make sure you're logging accurately too.

Well said.
  • rickyricardo4
    rickyricardo4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    day 14 here!!!! keep pushing!!
  • Sammbep
    Sammbep Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Now in recovery week :dizzy:
  • franfran1821
    franfran1821 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did it a couple of years ago before a cruise. I lost around 15 pounds and ate a ton. I used a heart rate monitor. This makes me want to get it out and do a random workout lol
  • kittywrangler
    kittywrangler Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I did it for a week and found it was too high impact for me. Feet and knees hurt and I was getting discouraged so I went and did some Fitness Blender videos and my own jogging program.
  • 0JavaK0
    0JavaK0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on my second go round of insanity and probably won't stop
  • AshleyTensel7
    AshleyTensel7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did a few over a year ago, i managed to complete the sessions but after i was so sore and shaky! What helped me get through them was i looked at the people doing the workout behind shaun and you can see some of them slowing down and giving up a little so it just made me feel like felt the same as me eventhough they were a lot fitter, sounds weird but it made me carry on.
  • malkelly789
    malkelly789 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try the tabita workout its an app u down load to your phone its a hiit routine and your phone becomes your trainer
  • heather3781
    heather3781 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 (not counting the fit test). Going to be interesting since I am traveling next week and vacation the following, but I figure I'm actually interested so why wait?
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I tried it but found it to be too high impact for my body at this weight. I think once I get down in the 150-160 range I'll give it another shot. There's a reason everyone in his video is already in shape and of course all young. I think i need to workout before I can do his workout.