It's not just a journey, it's a lifestyle!

Hi My name is Xavier, I'm currently 21yrs old, okay I'm 24, but don't tell anyone lol!!! I've started this "journey" and the age of 18. When I was 13yrs old, I was active as any child my age. I participated in sports. My favorite sport of them all was Swimming!! I would go to swim practice after school. Then go home and swim. I LOVED the water. Shortly after the swim season had ended, I dislocated BOTH of my hips out of socket. First it was my right hip, 3 months later my left hip was dislocating. I quickly became, the horse riding, swim loving child WHO COULDN'T WALK!!!! It was extremely depressing. Missing school, friends,activities and of course family. Basically living at Nemours hospital & home in bed. Just eating my life away. I finally started back walking. From 2004-2009 I went from 150 to 320. I was so mad at myself. I wasn't cleared to run or jog or ride horses because of possible damage in my healing process of my growth plates. Finally I got cleared june of 2009 AFTER graduation. I started back working out like crazy. Hours a day everyday. I shocked people by November I was 175. People said I was too small. I had people concerned about my health. So I ended up gaining weight. Then losing then gaining. I was in a wreck in nov 2012 which caused tremendous back pains which let to bed bound and EATING. By oct 2013 I stepped on the scale 260!!! My greatest fear. I started back running and working out and finally got down to 190 by march. I was happy. I maintained it until November, being a manager in retail during the holidays are hell!! I ate. Didnt have time to workout. And driving a hour to and from work after 11hrs shifts were crazy. January 2015. I stepped on the scale and seen that I went from 190 to 232lbs!! And I started back being consistent. I'm 185 as of today. Trying to lose that last 15lbs!!! I realize it's not a game you can pick up or put down when you're over it. Keeping healthy and fitness maintenance is a lifestyle. It should be 2nd nature. I can admit I don't eat completely right, which is my problem but I don't over eat or eat extremely bad food either!! But this time im trying to stay consistent and Motivated!! Im opened to conversation, suggested help within eating right and fitness perks, as well as providing the same on my end!! United we stand, but divided we shall fall. And I believe in that!!! Look forward to hearing from you guys!!

Replies

• mrodriguez1082
    mrodriguez1082 Posts: 28 Member
    Wow! That was a crazy story! You have amazing will power to be able to do what you did! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Hey thanks for sharing your experience. I've been through quite a bit too. Relearning how to walk. 10 yrs of chronic knee pain. Wrist injury...unable to use wrists for this past year. Just starting to get better. Hernia in stomach. Compressed disc in back. But---Some people become paralyzed and never get a second or third chance, I remind myself. This is temporary. I've lost 15lbs this year after a long lull. Overcoming!!
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add to add me!
  • xavierw0612
    xavierw0612 Posts: 8 Member
    Quote="mrodriguez1082;33388658"]Wow! That was a crazy story! You have amazing will power to be able to do what you did! Congrats on your weight loss![/quote]

Thank you, it's a constant struggle and daily challenge, but hey, no one's perfect, right lol?! And I wish much success to you as well!! And thats just the summed up version!! Lol but like I said I would love to hear suggestions, motivations. As well as providing them!! and love meeting new friends!
  • xavierw0612
    xavierw0612 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey thanks for sharing your experience. I've been through quite a bit too. Relearning how to walk. 10 yrs of chronic knee pain. Wrist injury...unable to use wrists for this past year. Just starting to get better. Hernia in stomach. Compressed disc in back. But---Some people become paralyzed and never get a second or third chance, I remind myself. This is temporary. I've lost 15lbs this year after a long lull. Overcoming!!

That is extremely amazing!!! No one truly knows what others endure!! I love hearing stories and when people overcome obstacles within their life! Very motivating. And WOW 15lbs. That's my goal!! And you're right not many people are blessed with a second opportunity or chance! And I realized that too, after I had to learn to walk and others.