I thought this is ment to make you healthier

Options
So I've been doing this since February and so far my clear skin is covered in spots (I've never had spots in my life) I feel drained my mouth is full of ulcers and I feel so drained.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I know I'm stressed at the moment but having 3kids I've been stressed before. Has anyone felt this way and does it get better? c

Replies

• chunkymonkeymum
    Options
    eating healthy is supposed to make u feel better hun but life in general causes stress...i know how u feel i have 4 kiddies one of which is 7 weeks old.....try to de stress as much as u can and im sure eventually u will feel better :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I would talk to the Doctor and tell them your concerns. Print 2 weeks of your food diary and take it with you. They will be able to see if it is your diet or something else.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Looked back through your diary, and it looks to me like you're not eating enough. You're eating 1000 cals or less most days, and that's not counting exercise. Sounds to me like you're trying to lose too quickly, and your body is reacting in a bad way because you're undernourished. Try increasing your calories with healthy foods and see if it helps you feel better. Shoot for at least 1200 each day, and if you exercise, try to eat at least some of those exercise calories. I understand if you dont' want to eat all of them because it's hard to know if MFP is overestimating your burn, but you should try to eat some of them at least.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I second the last post. If you are feeling this way see your doctor. Eating healthy, adding cardio and strength training to ones daily lifestyle is suppose to improve health.
    The stress may be making you feel this way, but it may be something else and it is best to go see a doctor.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I agree about taking in a print out of your food diary, but I really don't think it's your diet I think there is possibly something else going on here. You should see your doctor regardless though. The spots and ulcers in your mouth are what doesn't make sense.
  • kellytime
    kellytime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am thinking that the symptoms that you are describing could be from stress and/or a vitamin deficiency. I have experienced the same things in the past and when it was all of those things together it was stress. When it was just the sores in the mouth it was a vitamin deficiency. (I was vegetarian and not doing it correctly. I had a vitamin B deficiency. ) When we are under any kind of stress our body needs extra vitamins and minerals, so I would suggest really making sure that you are eating enough fruits, veggies, and protein plus taking a multivitamin.
    Best wishes to you,
    Kelly
    I definitely agree that talking to your doctor is a great idea. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    From a quick look in your food diary I'd say there could be 2 things going on:
    1. Not enough food - some days you are under 1000 cals, it's really hard to get enough nutrition from such a small amount of food.
    2. No fruit and veggies - maybe you aren't logging them, but I didn't spot a single fresh fruit or veg in there. Once again, you're missing out on good nutrition if you aren't eating fruit/veg.

I'd suggest chatting to your doctor and asking for a referral to a nutritionist to get help with planning a healthy low cal diet that suits your lifestyle and budget, but gives you the nutrition you need.

I can see that you've been trying hard to keep calories low, but I think you have to make sure the effort is paying off!
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Looked back through your diary, and it looks to me like you're not eating enough. You're eating 1000 cals or less most days, and that's not counting exercise. Sounds to me like you're trying to lose too quickly, and your body is reacting in a bad way because you're undernourished. Try increasing your calories with healthy foods and see if it helps you feel better. Shoot for at least 1200 each day, and if you exercise, try to eat at least some of those exercise calories. I understand if you dont' want to eat all of them because it's hard to know if MFP is overestimating your burn, but you should try to eat some of them at least.

I would agree you are not eating enough and that will definitely make you feel drained. Also, I don't notice fruit and vegetables in there, but alot of carbs. That will cause a lack of vitamins and make you feel drained too. Your iron may be too low....low iron makes for no energy at all.

Are you drinking any water at all? Your diary doesn't show it when I look. (Not sure if that is a glitch though) If you are not drinking water you car probably dehydrated and that causes sores in my mouth.