intermitted fasting and weight lifting struggles

Options
I have been weight lifting for almost two years come September and it was a struggle, but then I got the hang of it. Now I have thrown in intermitted fasting and its a struggle again but I'm getting threw it. Anyone else doing intermitted fasting? Let me know how it is for u.

Replies

• sssuscello
    sssuscello Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, so I don't have a extensive history with IF but I did stuck with it for 2 weeks and I saw awesome results. The hardest part for me was the weekends. Good luck and try and stick with it. Ps. You might have just motivated me to give IF another go
  • sls450
    sls450 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body when it comes to lifting weight and diet changes. I am working on going lower carb. I tried to do it all at once and my workouts sucked. Now I'm counting my marcos and reconfiguring my diet slowly. When it starts effecting my workouts I'll stop lower my carbs. Just keep experimenting. What weight lifting program are you doing?
  • LadyB16
    LadyB16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sls450 wrote: »
    Listen to your body when it comes to lifting weight and diet changes. I am working on going lower carb. I tried to do it all at once and my workouts sucked. Now I'm counting my marcos and reconfiguring my diet slowly. When it starts effecting my workouts I'll stop lower my carbs. Just keep experimenting. What weight lifting program are you doing?
    Thank u. My weight lifting program is Monday legs and abs. Tuesday shoulders traps and calves. Then Wed I have back, biceps and abs again. I have Thursday off then Friday is chest, triceps and calves and the the weekend off and start all over Monday.
  • LadyB16
    LadyB16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    sssuscello wrote: »
    Hey, so I don't have a extensive history with IF but I did stuck with it for 2 weeks and I saw awesome results. The hardest part for me was the weekends. Good luck and try and stick with it. Ps. You might have just motivated me to give IF another go
    Let me know how your journey go's this time around.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    There's a group on here for IFers. Sorry can't link, on mobile.

Also if you're struggling have you tried varying the length of your fast? There's lots of different ways to IF. I for example am using the 5:2 method (2 days fasting, 5 days normal eating).