Anyone out there in the same boat as me??

Options
Hi- I'm 36 years old and have been overweight my whole life. Fluctuated from 185-225 pounds the last few years. Whether I admitted it to myself or not, I was deeply unhappy about my weight, despite having an otherwise wonderful life. I'm a calm and seemingly happy person. But, the weight has at times made me feel unlovable and lonely, contributed to low self esteem, and I'm sure contributed to depression and anxiety issues I have been battling for the last 10 years. I have so much to be grateful in my life, and I'm frankly tired of having my weight hold me back. I know losing weight is not the cure-all, but it is part of the journey in changing my life for the better. I'm starting MyFitnessPal in hopes of making a breakthrough and breaking the cycle. Rather than focusing on a particular weight, I want to focus on dress sizes. I'm a 14 now, and would love to be an 8 as my goal. I'm motivated at the moment (to even start running!)... but need help to stay motivated. I'd love to connect with those of you in the same boat as me. Please add me so we can support each other if you can relate. Thank you so much for reading this, and best of luck to all of you in your journey. :-)

Replies

• madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started at a 14/16 almost 2 years ago and am now a 10.
  • Mudrat29
    Mudrat29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Margaret and I'm new at the whole dieting thing all together. Not quite in the same boat as you but close. I was very fit in Jr high the started downhill slowly in High school. I gain about 40 pounds in three years then I had kids. I hit a slide where I gained and gained until now I am about 100 pounds overweight and had to do something. I hate looking in the mirror and just feel really down all the time even with two wonderful kids and a lifelong boyfriend that love and adore me. I am hoping to get healthier to start with (small goals at first) then move onto running, maybe. I can't keep up with the kids while walking never mind running. lol I will add you if you like so we can help each other. Thank you for sharing and i wish the best also.:)
  • snowiebuggie
    snowiebuggie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I have MS and depression and have battled my weight for years and currently 80 lbs over weight
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me also. I have 100+ to lose and have lost 12 so far.
  • c_o_n_n_i_e
    c_o_n_n_i_e Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was wearing a size 24. I had lost enough weight to fit into a size 8 but then gained 30 pounds back so now I wear a size 12 and it's getting to be a little snug. I like you have a size 8 goal too.
  • ShanieHiggs4
    ShanieHiggs4 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Shantel. I'm in the same boat. The last 10 years I've went from a size 8 to a 14/16. Over the past year I've gained 15lbs. At my recent annual physical I learned that my thyroid levels are higher than normal. I just began taking a product called Thyrosol by Metagentics at the recommendation of my doctor. Hopefully this aids in my weight loss as well as helping to correct my thyroid issues. I'm embarking on this exercise and weight loss journey to avoid being placed on long term chemical medications to regulate my thyroid. I always have good intentions in working out and eating healthy but then that voice in my head always side tracks me. Please feel free to add me as I can use motivation and encouragement on this journey.