Help me change my diet please

Options
mumofbae
mumofbae Posts: 31 Member
can someone look through my diary and help with changes to my bad eating habits please
I'm breastfeeding to so don't want to lower my supply.
Would like to lose weight but also do it properly I'm not in a hurry
Thanks in advance for any help

Replies

• soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    You need to make your diary available for the public to see if you would like us to help! You can do that in your Settings.
  • mumofbae
    Options
    Thank you didn't know about settings
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat 1200 calories a day. Eat more protein. For protein you eat more ham, cheddar, eggs, lamb chops, chicken, tuna.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your diet is not bad. But if this is all you eat, I think you need to eat more. It's hard to instruct someone on how to eat :*

I can tell you how I do it: Aim for variety. Eat food I like. Every meal should have a source of fatty protein and a vegetable. This means a lot of raw vegetables: Carrot, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, beets... For dinner I pick a protein, starch and vegetable. Something from every food group every day. Three pieces of (different) fruit, and a small serving of nuts every day. Fish and/or meat, maybe eggs, milk, yogurt and/or cheese, starch/grains (bread, porridge, potato, sweet potato, pasta, rice...). Prelog and tweak amounts to hit calorie and protein (and fat) goals. Adjust to real life. Enjoy.
  • natepeterliz
    natepeterliz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and almonds are good for supply issues, drink enough water. I don't know about what to eat though. I opened your post hoping to find good advice to follow. Good luck!
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'd try adding more hmm less pizza and soda and more vegs,fruits,nuts,seeds etc
    not telling ya to completely give up on it,for I've understood that's discouraged here,I think you can have it but eating less and you add more of the other stuff. :)
  • mumofbae
    Options
    Thanks guys this has been a bad week I do normally eat a lot of veg salad a little fruit as I was told there is to much sugar in
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    mumofbae wrote: »
    Thanks guys this has been a bad week I do normally eat a lot of veg salad a little fruit as I was told there is to much sugar in

Who told you that? Fruit is good, for one the sugar in fruit is offset by its water, fiber and nutrients; and do not mind sugar unless your doctor has told you to.
  • mumofbae
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Eat 1200 calories a day. Eat more protein. For protein you eat more ham, cheddar, eggs, lamb chops, chicken, tuna.

1200 is that with breastfeeding?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    You need at least 300 to 400 calories om top of what you eat when you are breast feeding. You need to eat more!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Hell no

Did you see the part where she's breastfeeding? You're recommending minimum nutrition for an average woman there. Breastfeeding mothers need an additional 3-500 calories dependent on stage and age of infant.
  • mumofbae
    Options
    My baby is 4 months so does 1700 sound about right?
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Hell no

Did you see the part where she's breastfeeding? You're recommending minimum nutrition for an average woman there. Breastfeeding mothers need an additional 3-500 calories dependent on stage and age of infant.

Seriously - it takes more calories to breastfeed than it does to be pregnant. Don't skimp calories to lose weight at this time, the weight should fall off if you don't overdo the calories.