Had a bad weekend...advice?

Options
I had a bad weekend. Ate alot of cals. Did manage to workout Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Yesterday. Scale is saying a 11 lb gain in 3 days. Doesn't seem right. What's the best advice? Just go back to normal and everything should work itself out?

Thanks!

Replies

• jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Probably a lot of sodium. Drink more water than usual over the next few days. Everything should work back out towards the end of the week.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes, just get back on it today. I don't think you will see an 11 pound loss, but as long as the scale goes down you will get back on track. Holiday weekends are always difficult with all the cookouts and fun! I too had a bad weekend, but didn't get on the scale. I didn't want to depress myself too much.
  • ksr5000
    ksr5000 Posts: 19
    Options
    Put it behind you, these things happen. I also think the 11 lb gain is possibly a little off, but it could be a number of things. Just work hard in the coming days and get back on the grind. What's done is done, it already happened and can't be changed, just don't let 11 lb turn into 15 then into 20, etc. Weight loss/maintenance can be a long trek with these kinds of bumps in them, just try not to let them affect you in the long run and you'll be fine, it will definitely work itself out. Good luck.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Ditto everyone else. Just start over again today. In all likelihood, the 11 pounds is largely water retention due to sodium, and while maybe not all at once it should come off fairly easily. For you to have gained 11 "solid" (meaning attributed only to food/beverage and NOT water retention due to sodium) pounds, you would have had to have consumed at least 38,500 calories (1 pound = 3500 calories), and that's really highly unlikely. Unless you were eating super-sized big mac meals for every single meal over the weekend, of course. I also stick to weighing myself once a week on my regular day rather than jumping on the scale right after a weekend like this one. Benefit of Friday weigh-ins! :D
  • codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will drink some extra water and get back to eating right
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Check your scale batteries and move it slightly. It might be off...
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I have had a few bad weekends since I have been on MFP. Heck, I have had a bad 8 days when I went on vacation! None of it seriously hindered my weight loss. Once the day(s) of bad eating are over with, I start fresh and keep going. It works and you don't have to beat yourself up over a weekend. Remember, one weekend of bad eating didn't make us overweight!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Extra fiber & extra water to move all the "Bad foods" out of your system! Up the veggies and fruit!!