weighing myself.

Options
So i was wondering how long should i wait before i get on the scale and weigh myself? Lately I've been checking every three weeks.

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    However long you feel like. Some do it every morning, others every week, others every month, and even more don't get on it at all. All that matters is consistency when you do it.
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I find that the scale is in the bathroom and so am I on a regular basis. Daily weighing helps me see trends.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    That's a personal decision. Some weigh multiple times a day, some never weigh. Weigh yourself when you feel like doing it. :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    AdamImadA wrote: »
    I find that the scale is in the bathroom and so am I on a regular basis. Daily weighing helps me see trends.

Absolutely agree.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Personal preference really.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you. I perfer once a week. But no matter how often, it should always be the same time of day. Weight flucuates daily, so you'll get your best set of data if you weigh at the same time every time you weigh yourself.
  • scampbell455
    scampbell455 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I usually do it every Monday when I get up. I find it more motivational to see bigger weight losses rather than small daily ones.
  • ShaneGonzalez91
    ShaneGonzalez91 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks everyone
  • pixtaker
    pixtaker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    +1 on the Monday morning. Once a week is the most I ever weigh.
  • acorneredbaby
    acorneredbaby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh randomly but always in the morning when I first get up. Depends on if I need motivation or not.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log on a Sunday morning. Since term ended (I am a teacher) and I have had time in the mornings, I have weighed more than once a week. I wish I hadn't - today I am marginally up from Sunday. I know about variations, water eight etc. but the emotional impact is discouraging. So now I am off to the gym.
  • rugger2row
    rugger2row Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is personal preference but I was finding that bc my scale was in the bathroom I was climbing on it everyday. I felt like it was detrimental for me. Now I am intentionally going to my sisters house to weigh myself every week to 2 weeks. In a week I will see overall progress where as from day to day (and sometimes multiple times a day) there was a lot of fluxuation and (while that is natural and to be expected) I found it discouraging. Just my 2 cents
  • mykidsrock76
    mykidsrock76 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh myself every morning but am debating on going to once a week. I think it's motivating to see any decrease daily but at the same time a slight increase can be discouraging.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and record it on a weight tracking app, so I can see the overall decline, and only record it on MFP if it's a new low
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and every evening, because it's interesting to see how my weight fluctuates and I just can't resist stepping on the scales when I pass them in the bathroom.
    I only log my weight every few weeks though because by then I can see what is actual loss and what's just a fluctuation.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It keeps me in check, and I figure more data is better.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weigh 2 or 3 times a week but record my friday weigh ins only.