Ladies in their 20s/30s!

Options
Hello,
I'm Amanda. I'm a teacher, an office assistant, a promo model, and a full-time grad student. I've packed on 20 pounds over the past three years from a combination of bad eating and lack of exercise (its mostly been unhealthy eating, though). I would love the support of women who are in a similar situation. It doesn't matter how much you have to lose... I just need the motivation of having people around me who are working towards the same thing.

Replies

• rebeccam279
    rebeccam279 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 22 and in a very similar position where an unhealthy lifestyle at university has meant I've put on over 20lbs pushing me over the overweight mark. I'm happy to help to work towards our goals with you.
  • audieeeeee
    audieeeeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    22 here! I'm currently at a university also, studying to become a teacher. This last semester I put on at least 10 pounds, and my goal is to be down 20 by the end of this school year. We can do it ladies!! :)
  • amandaminustwenty
    amandaminustwenty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 22 and in a very similar position where an unhealthy lifestyle at university has meant I've put on over 20lbs pushing me over the overweight mark. I'm happy to help to work towards our goals with you.

awesome-- nice to meet you :)
  • amandaminustwenty
    Options
    audieeeeee wrote: »
    22 here! I'm currently at a university also, studying to become a teacher. This last semester I put on at least 10 pounds, and my goal is to be down 20 by the end of this school year. We can do it ladies!! :)

oh nice we have the same goal!
  • Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I'm also a teacher and a grad student, as well as a mom. It definitely makes for less time to work on me! Feel free to add me. :)

Kris
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Grad student, two jobs, and soon to be fitness instructor here! I feel your pain girl, add me if you like!
  • supkmillz
    supkmillz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 24 year old graduate student. I packed on a bunch of weight my first year of grad school last year because of the long hours and commuting and I'm trying to get it off and keep it off now. I'd love to be part of this motivation crew!
  • kastephens11
    kastephens11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a 22 year old college student who is in the same boat. Unhealthy eating and not exercising has helped me put on pounds. I'm here to lose and meet some great people along the way. Anyone can feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm probably the oldest one here lol 33...but feel free to add me too. My goal is 20 lbs as well! I'm almost half way there...but had some bumps along the road (lost 15 and gained back almost half!...trying to get back on track again!). Let's support each other!
  • SAP82915
    SAP82915 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm am 23 and have graduated college with a culinary degree but have a job as a town clerk so im pretty lazy for a good part of the day and have put on some pounds. trying to loose a bit before my wedding! Feel free to add em if you'd like!
  • Kr1sMar1e
    Kr1sMar1e Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    I'm probably the oldest one here lol 33...but feel free to add me too. My goal is 20 lbs as well! I'm almost half way there...but had some bumps along the road (lost 15 and gained back almost half!...trying to get back on track again!). Let's support each other!

I'm 33, too!
  • miley110
    miley110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello , I am 26yrs old I am a phlebotomist from Louisiana . We have such GREAT FOOD as you all can imagine so my weight has been up and down for years . It wasnt unitl recently I totally let myself go and had no idea until i saw a pic that a friend had taken . Even after seeing it I had no MOTIVATION . I broke up with my Bf back in October and with an all girls spring break trip set for this past April the motivation was on Level ten . So I went from 275lbs to 250lbs , and the MOTIVATION has DISAPPEARED!! I know it is POSSIBLE FOR US ALL . WE JUST NEED THE SUPPORT AND MOTIVATION FROM EACH OTHER ..
  • Krstck
    Krstck Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and I'm a software developer living in Texas. I've put on an embarrassing 50 lbs since college... but even back then I wanted to be smaller :) anyone can add me, I'm looking for MFP friends!
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Part time student, mom, full time work, and would love more friends from MFP to give and receive motivation and support!
  • xsunshine02x
    xsunshine02x Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    26 year old nurse. I graduated last year, but between full time school with clinical rotations and working a full time and a per diem job, I basically lived off of fast food. I gained 80 pounds over 3 years :( I'm down 60 of that now and am looking to lose another 20-30 and tone up now that I have free time to cook and exercise. Feel free to add me :) I'd love the support!
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    32 here, i sit all day at a desk and have added 10 extra lbs.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    26 Payroll Manager here....I need to lose like 80 lbs, between two kids, and 6 years of not being very active...
  • amandaminustwenty
    Options
    oh wow I am so glad I posted on here... I've added all of you lovelies!
  • bronnyd
    bronnyd Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Ladies of this thread feel free to add me as well. I'm 32, and it seems like we all have similar goals :smile:
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me for extra support. I'm 29 and married with two little ones. I work full-time sitting all day basically! I am doing stronglifts currently and add in cardio most days as well. My struggle is really keeping my diet in check! I've lost about 30 lbs and would like to lost 20 more!