Binging and Stress Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    A big problem for me is the "if it's free food I need to eat it.....a lot of it". I maintain my eating pretty well until I go to a gathering where food is put out. Even though I'd never buy that food, I seem almost compelled to eat it. Once I realized this my mantra has been "just because it's there and free doesn't mean I need to eat it".

I don't know how or if this applies to you but I wanted to put it out there as a possibility. I also say to myself "you can go to the supermarket any day of the week and buy this food, but you don't, so don't eat it now".
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm a binger, too. I treat it just like an addiction. I know once I give in I won't be able to stop til I'm sick, so I don't even start. I've been using gum, mints, and meditation to not give in to something that's not in my diary. So far, so good.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Actually, not everyone has this problem. I tend to stop eating when I'm stressed. I am a potato chips freak, however. :) I just make sure I have enough calories available to eat the bag and I am forever on the lookout for single serve bags (or 1 1/2 size at least). In fact, with most things, I don't stock more than I usually want if it's a trigger.
    jessm11595 wrote: »
    Much like most every human, I pig out when I'm stressed. Working a full time job, the convenience of fast food, and being enrolled in high level honors Chemistry classes have all taken a toll on my diet. Excuses aside, I'd like to reach out and ask you, how, on what, and when do you binge? Also, what are some tips to avoid finishing off the bag of chips?

Add me as a friend of you have issues binging (then working out to burn some of the calories and eventually regretting the whole thing!)

Thanks,
    Jess
  • jessm11595
    jessm11595 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a binger, too. I treat it just like an addiction. I know once I give in I won't be able to stop til I'm sick, so I don't even start. I've been using gum, mints, and meditation to not give in to something that's not in my diary. So far, so good.
    Great to hear darling! I'm the same way, never tried gum though! I'm an avid yoga-er so meditation sounds nice too :)