Whats the worst thing to eat that makes YOU gain weight?

Options
I found that eating a lot of fried food or candy gets me to gain weight. What makes you gain a lot of weight? Are you still eating it or did u cut down?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Do you mean actual fat gain or water weight?
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    There isn't one food or food group that makes me gain weight. Simply too much food does it. So I cut down on everything.
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Basically you put on weight if you eat more calories than you burn.
  • kguerriere
    kguerriere Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    surplus calories... from any source
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Eating more calories than I burn makes me gain weight. Not exercising makes me gain weight. But if I had to pick a calorie culprit that was MOST to blame for me weighing my highest 240 lbs? I'd say Mountain Dew.
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Excess calories is the only thing that causes weight gain, so yes I did cut back on what made me gain weight. I did not cut out any specific foods.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    galaxyem wrote: »
    I found that eating a lot of fried food or candy gets me to gain weight. What makes you gain a lot of weight? Are you still eating it or did u cut down?

Eating over my maintenance causes me to gain. Very easy to do with fried food and candy . . .so I make sure I measure everything I eat to the gram.
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I wish I knew.

:disappointed:
  • allbarrett
    allbarrett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    eating more calories than I burn
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I still eat the same things now that I used to, I just eat one serving instead of 2-3.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Eating more calories than I burn makes me gain weight. Not exercising makes me gain weight. But if I had to pick a calorie culprit that was MOST to blame for me weighing my highest 240 lbs? I'd say Mountain Dew.

I'd say cokes, alcohol, and coffee drinks. It turns out I really wasn't eating all that much after all.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Having second helpings
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet. Soda. Cake. Ice cream. Chocolates :(
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For me, it's about moderation. I have never been one who gained weight from day to day eating. I'm not terribly worried about maintenance. My struggle is things like going on vacation and eating out 3 meals a day. So eating at restaurants is a struggle for me. Now, though, 6 days a week, if I want to eat out, I'll simply fit it into my calories. 1 day a week, I eat 2 very sensible meals (around 200 cals) and then go to a restaurant or to a friend's house/party and eat what I want. I never log anything on this day. It's a day for me to take a break mentally and from the restrictions of the diet… not that there are many. For the most part, I eat what I want, just less… but when you're only allowed 1210 cals a day, it's hard to fit some things in and still be full.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Eating too many calories made me gain weight. I did find that I ate more when I ate lots of sugars in carbs(pop, candy, potatoes). I restricted my sugars and carbs, as well as my calories, to lose weight. It is working for me.
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wine by the bottle.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Do you mean actual fat gain or water weight?

^This was my first thought, too. There are plenty of things that I eat that will show a bump on the scale the next day, but it's just water retention.

The only things I've cut completely from my diet are things I don't like. I've seriously cut down on things that I can't be trusted with (Oatmeal Creme Pies come to mind) but I'll still eat them occasionally.

• Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My pre-dinner Big Macs.
  • Kelly2300
    Kelly2300 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Its more stuff I can't be trusted with because I eat too much...chocolate; homemade mac and cheese, almond butter...I call these my trigger foods