Cize question - shoes related

Options
Skmellyg
Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
Is it best to wear shoes while doing this dance work out video? I have carpet and do not want to mess my carpet up and so was thinking of just not using shoes. Opinions and suggestions welcome. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I never wear shoes for any workout in the house. I'm not sure if that's good or bad but I actually find my feet hurt when I wear shoes and do workout videos so I don't.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm too precious about my carpet even in bare feet, so I took a rug from my Nan's house that hadn't been used for years. It's ugly, tatty and smells like old people, but it protects my carpet! I'd recommend trying to find something similar for you to use if you're worried :)
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Why not try it barefoot and see if it works for you? (I mean, there are people who run marathons barefoot...I am not one of them.) If you find your ankles or the bottoms of your feet are getting sore, try some shoes.

I rent. To protect my carpet and therefore my security deposit, I have a set of foam tiles. They're cheap, comfy on my knees, and the carpet stays sweat/stain free!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    If you're hoping to burn a few more calories typing "exer" is a good way to get a lil extra burn.
  • cricketpup
    cricketpup Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ^^ If I am correct , I think she is referring to the beachbody dvd "Cize". It's a new dance dvd.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    cricketpup wrote: »
    ^^ If I am correct , I think she is referring to the beachbody dvd "Cize". It's a new dance dvd.

Whoops! My bad! But I'd probably never buy that DVD just because the title annoys me too much
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about shoe sizes.

• Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    thank you. I am going to try no shoes and see how it works out. If not Thanks for the site with the tiles.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you don't have a lot of padding under the carpet you may find that your shins start to hurt. If that happens, wear shoes or try the foam tiles mentioned earlier. (My father owns a karate dojo and the whole thing is padded in those type of tiles. They are awesome.) Shin splints are no minor matter and won't heal until you stop doing what's causing them. You don't want to be sidelined for several weeks.
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I only wear shoes during home workouts if I'm in the basement because it's concrete. Like you, my house is carpeted and I'd rather not wear shoes on it.
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I bought carpet shoe covers that go over my running shoes from Amazon. They were $10.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Been doing it barefoot for 8 weeks and no problems. If you look at his background dancers, they're not wearing supportive sneakers, they're wearing Chuck Taylors and boots.
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Or you could try dance slippers. Protect your feet and floor......
  • rainey4
    rainey4 Posts: 164 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I wear running shoes with dance socks over them. I got the dance socks from amazon. They make it better to work out on carpet if you are in running shoes. They make it easier to glide. About $10. They go over the whole shoe bottom.

I have flat feet and cannot do this in my bare feet. Only lasted 10 minutes and had to put my shoes on.