is it weird to talk to yourself whilst working out lol

Options
Hello when I was jogging today I found I was talking to myself at one point telling myself dont let yourself down come on lol. it may sound cheesy but I found it helped alot positive attitude really helps

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Not weird to me. I alway do.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    "I better get it up."

It is a way to stay focus while you workout.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    No, I talk to myself like... in general. :)
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Not weird. Whatever works. I like to count my steps while I run. I find it helps me focus on breathing and staying in a rhythm. I usually count to 100 and start over.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    its good learning ways to improve thanks everyone
  • equeen1801
    equeen1801 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Nope, I found myself doing this too .. You are your own coach!!
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    equeen1801 wrote: »
    Nope, I found myself doing this too .. You are your own coach!!

It's hard to motivate oneself but small things make a big difference
  • JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I tell myself and my dog when we are running that we are "doing good" and "come on we are almost done". And I ask the powers that be to help me ride my bike up the BIG hills.
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    lol love this..made me chuckle. I talk to myself all the time and it's a great way to stay motivated! Positive thoughts are always good! Mind over matter baby!
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time!!!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I dont think i personally do it maybe If I do its in my head but I have heard alot of Men specifically(not sure why) I have heard while lifting weights talk to themselves ALOT.. it seems to be helpful and acceptable to them.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I rollerblade and I talk to myself constantly. I'm always repeating "stay low" because I have a tendency to want to straighten my legs and you have to skate on bent knees. "Stay low, straighten your back, watch that tree branch, eyes up, eyes up" and the day I went up the sidewalk crack that I tripped over and almost fell on for a month I let out a "you rock!". Lol, I probably sound like a lunatic when I'm out there.
  • Cantstopmyshine1993
    Cantstopmyshine1993 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nope. I always tell myself don't give up keep going & keep pushing
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love talking to intelligent people, so yes, I do talk to myself while working out.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I talk to myself all the time too. I just wish I would shut up sometimes. I have a tendency to go on and on about nothing. I've gotta watch myself.

Yeah, you've got to be careful with that - it can get out of hand!

My husband is retired and is home alone a lot during the day and he's gotten into the habit of talking to himself. Then when I'm home I'll hear him say something and will go to respond and turns out he's still just talking to himself. Mmmmmkay. Dangerous, I tell you.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It's only weird if you say "What?"
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I can always tell when someone lives alone because not only do they talk to themselves, but they gesture as well. :) I don't talk to myself because I'm usually wearing headphones, but I do sing and when I work out, I count out loud.