BACK IN THE 200's..YAASSSS

Options
So I was 337 when I started eating better, and 328 or something on June 4 when I started tracking foods. Now I'm finally back in the 200's at 299. That was pretty much my entire goal, and now I'm just gonna sit back and keep goin but not care about weight. I might even try a month solid without weighing, what do yall think about that idea?

Replies

• jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weighing what, yourself or your food?
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    myself
  • jonnybhoy
    jonnybhoy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Go for it
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting the 200s! I would want to weigh myself at least once per week to make sure I was on track.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You will never regret the changes you're making :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome job!

You should visit the doctor to get an idea of whether now is the time to stop or what weight might be best or whatever. Did you get a check-up since you started? Always good to get professional advice!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Congrats on hitting the 200s! I would want to weigh myself at least once per week to make sure I was on track.

I second that. Always need to be able to respond quickly and make course corrections when necessary.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    So I was 337 when I started eating better, and 328 or something on June 4 when I started tracking foods. Now I'm finally back in the 200's at 299. That was pretty much my entire goal, and now I'm just gonna sit back and keep goin but not care about weight. I might even try a month solid without weighing, what do yall think about that idea?

I think not weighing yourself for a month is a weird idea when the weight is coming off fairly quickly, but I also think eating much more than 900 calories is a good idea. So feel free to disregard my ideas again.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was not weighing myself. I convinced myself that I was losing weight, when I had actually regained twenty pounds.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss so far, and yay on getting in the 200s! I remember what that felt like. Personally, I would keep on keeping on and weigh at least once every two weeks (I'm all about the 2-week trend). Sometimes we become a bit to confident and that weight creeps up on us.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Yeah 2 weeks sounds pretty good, im just having a hard time breaking the obsession with the scale. Like soda, I figure the longer I go without it, the less I'll need it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i hope youll be taking regular measurements if youre not weighing yourself?
  • AspenDan
    Options
    I'll be tracking for a long time, at least till i hit my goal weight of about 250.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I'll be tracking for a long time, at least till i hit my goal weight of about 250.

the problem is, that without SOME sort of measurement- whether weight or actual measuring tape measurements, it will be super crazy easy to gain and not realize it. Ive lost 60 pounds and still dont SEE it. if it weren't for the scale and measuring tape I would have no clue (cause clothes can lie and the larger the size, the more weight it can conceal.)
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options

wow:-) congratulations:-) i say keep doing whatever brought you to this point as it is obviously working. i weigh myself everyday. for some folks that is too much. but i like keeping track of the patterns. just be true to yourself, and do whatever feels true and good for your journey. keep at it. you have accomplished a great deal already. nice work:-)
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • AspenDan
    Options
    Thanks for all the support, everyone! Woot!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Way to get it!
  • KellyKat09
    KellyKat09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic work!! I weigh daily just to watch how my body works. I totally relate to the person who gained 20 lbs without knowing, that's where I am right now. That's why I am back to weighing daily. Add me if you need a buddy!