planet fitness 30 minute circuit training

Options
Bearface115
Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
Has anyone had weight loss success with planet fitness 30 minute circuit training? Need to get back to it. Want to lose 120 pounds

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I actually really enjoyed it when I did it. I did it once every other day, before I got really into running/cardio.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    What are the exercises in this 30 minute circuit?
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You rotate between 1 minute step and 1 minute machine assisted weights. ( Quads, Hamstring, Chest Press, Shoulder press, biceps ,tricep and core. )
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    How many times do you do it a week to effectively lose weight?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    stacibuk wrote: »

As many times it takes to change your diet.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

lol this
  • clhobbs09
    clhobbs09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Was that the question asked? Just curious.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    clhobbs09 wrote: »

Was that the question asked? Just curious.

The question was asked incorrectly since exercise is not the key for weight loss.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

^^^ This.

/thread

I've estimated the PF Circuit burns ~250kCals. If you don't change your diet, it wont have much of an impact on weight loss.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's a structured program, and with the machines you're unlikely to be able to do something to really injure yourself.
    (Other than trying to lift too much.)
    So it's a good place to start.
    Do it 2 or 3 times a week, with at least a day in between to let your body repair the damage.
    On the other days, you can do cardio. 30 min/day is to maintain weight, an hour might be needed to lose.

After a while you'll probably want more of a challenge, be bored.
    Then take advantage of the free training to learn how to do free weights, etc.
    Also start on the treadmill & elliptical. Start slow & low, increase gradually.

I've been with PF (as a member) for a while now. You have to be self-directed, and when the staff tells you how
    to do something, check with other reputable sources, because they're really salespeople. (The trainers do have
    to have some training, but it's variable.) But they have lots of resources, are open 24/7, and claim to be nonjudgmental.

Changing how much you eat will have more of an effect on losing weight.

51637601.png
  • GonzoMan530
    GonzoMan530 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You're good to start there, but it's really about restricting calories and exercising more effectively. Sadly, PF doesn't really allow for high intensity weight training like deadlifting, squats or barbell rows. These were a major cornerstone, combined with dieting effectively, to my close to 85# weight loss.

By all means, familiarize your body with these routines, but when you're at a plateau, you really need to consider another gym.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    You're good to start there, but it's really about restricting calories and exercising more effectively. Sadly, PF doesn't really allow for high intensity weight training like deadlifting, squats or barbell rows. These were a major cornerstone, combined with dieting effectively, to my close to 85# weight loss.

By all means, familiarize your body with these routines, but when you're at a plateau, you really need to consider another gym.

What gym would allow you do to those things then?
  • yopeeps025
    Options

In my experience every single other gym.
  • Bearface115
    Options

In my experience every single other gym.

Well planet fitness had a free weight area with plenty of barbells and weighed machines. And I remember seeing plenty of guys there doing dead lifts and squats. So I'm not sure. But I will still try to follow my routine there. I'm looking to include weight lifting with my treadmill HIIT.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!