Changes Welcome!

Options
Hi MFP!

I am 22 years old and from Texas, and I have been on a diet for as long as I can remember. In the last 6 years, I have gained 70 pounds. I can't continue at this rate any longer. As I am getting older, the weight is harder and harder to lose. I am in decent shape as I played softball for ten years (and recently stopped when I graduated from college). Now, I try to go to the gym 3-5 times a week and stay under 1200 calories. I have been on mfp for one week and have already lost weight!

I'd love any support. Anyone and everyone is welcome to add me as a friend, hopefully you don't mind a stranger commenting on your posts to provide support, of course.

I started at 200 pounds and my goal weight is 150.

Other facts about me: The hardest food for me to give up is ice cream. I love watching biggest loser! I am thinking about starting to take the classes offered at my gym and joining the racquet ball league. My main motivation is looking good for myself and my long-term boyfriend.

Also, something I could especially use advice on is finding great low calorie foods to eat, especially ones that don't leave you hungry 30 minutes later. Right now, I am eating a lot of grilled chicken.

Thanks MFP; I'm excited to be here!

Replies

• clhiter
    clhiter Posts: 74
    Options
    Well you are on the right track, this site has plenty of advice and support. You have a thought/question--you will get an answer.....Keep it up. You look fantastic.
  • michelnie
    michelnie Posts: 30
    Options
    Good Luck. You're on the right path. Your welcome to ask me for advice if you need any. I have come across a few bumps along the way but I've managed to go past them. So feel free to ask!
  • jamiiiii
    jamiiiii Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi!

Your story feels SO similar to mine.

I also just joined MFP, am a recent college grad at age 22, and am trying to stay motivated to lose the weight I've accumulated over the years. I was never an athlete though, which makes it hard to know where to start.

Friend me! We can keep each other motivated!

I know we can do it.

:D