Any high fiber, high protein, low carb recipes?

Options
michelleestt
michelleestt Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2015 in Recipes
please comment below! Have to lose about 10 lbs.

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Diets? Or do you mean recipes?
  • michelleestt
    michelleestt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    brandi712 wrote: »
    Diets? Or do you mean recipes?

Recipes! My bad.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that anything high fiber is probably going to be higher in carbs because fiber is a type of carbohydrate and is counted with them.

The only recipe I really have to offer is a big green salad with sliced steak or chicken and a creamy dressing like ranch or blue cheese.
  • mclainst1027
    mclainst1027 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've recently been experimenting with lentils and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). They offer a pretty good fiber to protein ratio but because fiber is a carbohydrate, they're not exactly low calorie. However, dietary fiber is one of those things that will help reduce hunger so you're less inclined to want to snack.

That being said, this is the lentil/garbanzo bean salad that I made today for my lunch. High fiber, decent protein, great taste. For a bit more protein just add in a couple ounces of chicken or fish.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/lentil-salad-with-balsamic-vinaigrette-101018

(The calories/serving are around 400 but a serving is pretty big. I usually cut it in half.)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Quest bars?

ETA: I know it's not a recipe, but I think it's an option worth mentioning. :smile: